Overall, the U.S. urology market was valued at over $3.7 billion in 2021. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 4.3% to reach $5 billion by 2028.
As the U.S. urology market demand continues to undergo consolidation with hospitals acquiring outpatient facilities and expanding the reach of the group purchasing organizations (GPOs) as well as reimbursement cuts across the urology space, the ASPs are expected to remain under significant pressure, negatively impacting the future growth of the market.
In 2021, the largest segment of the total urological device market was urinary incontinence. Growth of this segment is primarily driven by the urinary catheter segment and the high-volume use of urinary catheters. The second-largest segment of the total urological device market in 2021 was BPH treatment devices. Growth of this segment is primarily driven by the UroLift® market, which has experienced rapid growth since NeoTract launched the UroLift® system in 2013.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- 10 Year Scope
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
COVID-19 IMPACT ON THE U.S. UROLOGY MARKET
Overall, the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the urological device market seems to vary depending on the severity of each case. Erectile dysfunction (ED), benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and stone management treatments are elective procedures. As such, these market segments experienced the greatest decline. However, urgent treatments, as demonstrated in the prostate cancer treatment device market, were less impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
U.S. UROLOGY MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Overall, within the U.S. Urology market there are three dominant competitors: Boston Scientific, Becton Dickinson, and Coloplast.In 2021, the leading competitor in the urological device market was Boston Scientific. The company held the leading positions in the stone management device segment, prostate cancer device segment and men’s reproductive health segment. The company also held notable positions in all remaining segments, with the exception of the urodynamic equipment market, from which the company was absent.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
While this report suite contains all applicable market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the specific market segment research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Urinary Incontinence Devices Market – MedCore – The market for urinary incontinence treatments includes urinary catheters, urethral bulking agents and incontinence management devices.
- Stone Management Devices – MedCore – The total market for stone management devices includes ESWL capital equipment, pneumatic, ultrasonic, and combination lithotripsy capital equipment, Holmium and Thulium laser capital equipment and fibers, stone fragment retrieval devices, access sheaths and ureteral stents.
- BPH Treatment Devices – MedCore – The BPH treatment device market includes devices used for TURP, TUMT, TUNA, prostatic stent, laser BPH, UroLift®, Rez?m® and iTind® procedures. In 2021, the largest segment in the BPH treatment device market was the UroLift® market.
- Urological Endoscope – MedCore – The urological endoscope market includes cystoscopes, ureteroscopes, resectoscopes and nephroscopes.
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Devices – MedCore – The prostate cancer treatment device market includes brachytherapy devices and cryotherapy ablation devices.
- Urodynamic Equipment Market – MedCore – The market for urodynamic equipment includes capital equipment and disposables. As these procedures can be performed in both hospitals and outpatient offices, the capital equipment market is segmented into those sold at hospitals versus those sold at outpatient offices.
- Nephrostomy Devices – MedCore – The market for nephrostomy devices includes percutaneous nephrostomy sets, nephrostomy balloon catheters and nephrostomy drainage tubes.
- Men’s Reproductive Health Market – MedCore – The total market for men’s reproductive health treatment devices includes inflatable erectile dysfunction devices, malleable erectile dysfunction devices and vacuum assisted erectile dysfunction devices.
- Urinary Guidewire Market – MedCore – The market for guidewires includes all guidewires to be used in urological procedures.
Research Scope Summary
|Quantitative Coverage||Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.|
|Qualitative Coverage||COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, FDA Recalls, Disruptive Technologies, Disease Overviews.|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.|