Urology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis | Europe | 2022-2028 | MedSuite | Includes: Urinary Incontinence Slings, Urinary Guidewires, and 7 more
- Year: 2022
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Europe
- Type: MedSuite
Overall, Europe’s urological device market was valued at €1.7 billion in 2021. Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, this was a 10% decrease from the 2020 market value. However, this is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 2.6% to reach €2.1 billion by 2028.
Currently, the top competitors within Europe’s urological device market is Coloplast and Wellspect Healthcare alongside other market leaders such as Becton Dickinson, Hollister Inc. and Boston Scientific.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed over 60 urological device companies in Europe and around the world and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, company market shares, procedure volumes, and to create accurate forecasts.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2028, and Historical Data to 2018
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
EUROPE UROLOGICAL DEVICE MARKET INSIGHTS
Overall, the urological device market is very well established. This limits the potential for substantial growth. Although companies continue to provide novel adaptations for their products, the general trend within most segments of the market is a relatively flat ASP. Additionally, the ASP has been limited by the lack of reimbursement in some countries and price pressures witnessed across Europe.
EUROPE UROLOGICAL DEVICE MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The European urological device market was controlled by Coloplast and Wellspect Healthcare.In 2021, the leading competitor in the urological device market was Coloplast. The company held the leading position in the urinary catheter, urinary guidewire and erectile dysfunction device segments. It also played a significant role in the stone management device, nephrostomy device and urinary incontinence device segments.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
- Urinary Catheter Market – Further Segmented Into:
- Intermittent, Foley, male external catheters (MECs) and female external catheters (FECs).
- Urinary Incontinence Device Market – Further Segmented Into:
- UBAs and incontinence slings.
- BPH Treatment Device Market — Further Segmented Into:
- Devices used for transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), laser BPH, UroLift® and Rez?m® procedures.
- Urological Endoscope Market — Further Segmented Into:
- Single-use, rigid and flexible cystoscopes, single-use, semi-rigid and flexible ureteroscopes, rigid resectoscopes and rigid nephroscopes.
- Low-Dose Radiation Brachy Therapy Device Market — Further Segmented Into:
- LDR seeds.
- Nephrostemy Market — Further Segmented Into:
- Percutaneous nephrostomy sets, nephrostomy balloon dilators and nephrostomy drainage tubes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Device Market — Further Segmented Into:
- Inflatable erectile dysfunction devices and malleable erectile dysfunction devices.
- Urinary Guidewire Market — Further Segmented Into:
- All guidewires to be used in urological procedures.
- Stone Management Device Market – Further Segmented Into:
- ESWL capital equipment, laser equipment, stone fragment retrieval devices, ureteral stents and access sheaths.
RESEARCH SCOPE SUMMARY
|Quantitative Coverage||Procedure Numbers, Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.|
|Qualitative Coverage||COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, Disease Overviews.|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.|
|Agency for Medical Innovations (A.M.I.)||GE Healthcare (Oncura)|
|Aqlane Medical||MTS Medical|
|B. Braun||OmniGuide (Lisa Laser)|
|Caldera Medica||Siemens Healthineers|
|Convergent Laser Technologies||BTXAccelyon|
|Electro Medical Systems||Vygon|
|Elekta||Zephyr Surgical Implants|
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.