By 2020, the Brazilian urological device market size was valued at $663.6 million, with over 1.23 million urological procedures performed every year. The market value is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8% to reach $806 million in 2026.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed 54 urology companies across Brazil and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts.
While this MedSuite report contains all of the Brazilian Urological Device market data and analysis, each of the market segments is also available as stand-alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the market research that you need.
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Urology Procedure Volumes
- Market Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Urological Device market
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Market Value and Industry Trends
The primary limiter of many of these urological device markets is the increasing use of pharmaceutical treatments. For instance, both stone management and BPH device markets, the largest segments in this report, are limited tremendously by drug therapy. In 2018, over 90% of BPH patients received drug therapy treatment over interventional methods. While drugs do not solve the underlying problem of either prostate or stone growth, they do reduce the severity of symptoms, which allows patients to delay or avoid surgery.
Since NeoTract launched UroLift®, an implant for the treatment of BPH, in the U.S. in 2013, the device has been slowly adopted in the U.S., as well as in other regions where it is available, such as Europe, Canada, Australia, and more. However, as of 2019, UroLift® has not been approved for sale in Brazil. The UroLift® procedure is minimally invasive and can be performed in a relatively short amount of time, making it an attractive treatment option for BPH. In 2017, NeoTract was acquired by Teleflex, which is expected to further drive the adoption of UroLift® by leveraging the large presence and sales distribution network of Teleflex.
By 2020, the leading competitor in the Brazilian urological device market was Promedon. Promedon’s STEEMA® urethral sling system for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence (SUI) is one of the most popular devices in Brazil and makes up a huge portion of sales in the region.
The second-leading competitor in the urology market was Boston Scientific. The company’s most recent innovation was the inception of the single-use flexible ureteroscope market, with the launch of LithoVue™ in 2016. Boston Scientific also entered the global Rezūm® market through its acquisition of NxThera in April 2018.
BARD was the third-leading competitor by 2020. As of March 2019, BARD discontinued its global production of vaginal mesh products and urinary incontinence devices. Devices affected include the Ajust® single-incision sling, Ajust® Helical single-incision sling, Align® urethral support system and Align® trans-obturator urethral support system. The Pelvic organ prolapse repair device market is expected to decline, due to lawsuits and the discontinuation of products.
Click on each title to view detailed market segmentation.
- Procedure Numbers for Urological Devices – MedPro – Discusses urological procedures performed in Brazil. The analysis includes interventional benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) treatment, pelvic organ prolapse repair, stone management, urinary incontinence, and erectile dysfunction management procedures further broken down by device type.
- Urinary Incontinence Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Urinary Incontinence Device Market. The chapter includes Urinary Catheter, Urethral Bulking, and Incontinence Management device markets.
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Market – MedCore – The market is comprised of the segments for Transvaginal and Sacrocolpopexy Meshes.
- Stone Management Market – MedCore – This market is categorized by Device Type into ESWL Equipment, ISWL Equipment, Holmium Lasers, Stone Fragment Retrieval Device, Ureteral Stent, and Ureteral Guidewire market segments.
- BPH Treatment Market – MedCore – This market is segmented by Device Type, including Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP) and Laser BPH devices.
- Erectile Dysfunction Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Erectile Dysfunction Device market. The chapter includes market segments, such as the Inflatable and Malleable Erectile Dysfunction device markets.
Detailed Market Segmentation
DON’T SEE THE SEGMENT OR DATA YOU NEED?
Feel free to contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below