In 2020, the urological device market size in Japan was valued at $383 million, with over 540,000 urological procedures performed every year. The market size is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3% to reach $480 million in 2026.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed 31 urology companies across Japan and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts.
While this MedSuite report contains all of the Japanese Urological Device market data and analysis, each of the market segments is also available as stand-alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the market research that you need.
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Urology Procedure Volumes
- Market Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Urological Device market
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Market Value and Industry Trends
The stone management device market, BPH treatment market and urinary incontinence management device market accounted for the vast majority of the total market in 2019. The growth in these segments is driven by the stable demand for related procedures and the increasing prevalence of prostatic and kidney diseases, fueled by the aging population of Japan. The rapidly growing aging population of the region is forcing structural changes in the market, due to the increasing prevalence of chronic and age-related diseases.
The female urinary incontinence sling market is undergoing structural changes, due to global regulatory changes regarding transvaginal tape and mini-slings. In April 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ordered all manufacturers of surgical mesh intended for transvaginal repair of anterior compartment prolapse (cystocele) to stop selling and distributing their products immediately. This resulted in a significant decline of the urinary incontinence sling market in Japan.
By 2020, the leading competitors in the urological device market included Lumenis, Boston Scientific, and BARD, collectively representing around half of the total market value. The Japanese market is highly fragmented.
Boston Scientific’s position is secured by the company’s presence in every segment of the urological market. Lumenis is focused on laser equipment, lithotripters, and other capital equipment for stone management and BPH treatment, which were the second-largest portions of the total market. BARD dominated the urinary catheter segment, which generated the overwhelming majority of the urinary incontinence management market.
A large portion of the total market was shared by competitors with less than 10% of the total market share each. The combined urological device market is primarily defined by competitors in the stone management treatment and BPH treatment market, resulting in a strong focus on disposables and capital equipment.
Click on each title to view detailed market segmentation.
- Procedure Volumes for Urological Devices – MedPro – The complete procedural analysis of the urological device market in Japan, which includes Incontinence Sling Implantation, Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation, Transvaginal Tape Incontinence Sling, Transobturator Incontinence Sling, Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy procedures, and multiple others for each of the analyzed market segments.
- Urinary Incontinence Market – MedCore – This market is further segmented into market segments, such as Urinary Catheters, Urethral Bulking Agents, and Incontinence Management device markets.
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Market – MedCore – The market is comprised of the segments for Transvaginal and Sacrocolpopexy Meshes.
- Stone Management Market – MedCore – This market is categorized by Device Type into ESWL Equipment, ISWL Equipment, Holmium Lasers, Stone Fragment Retrieval Device, Ureteral Stent, and Ureteral Guidewire market segments.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Treatment Market – MedCore – This market is segmented by Device Type, including Transurethral Resection of Prostate, Laser BPH, UroLift, and Rezūm device market segments.
- Erectile Dysfunction Market – MedCore – The market is comprised of the segments for Inflatable, Malleable, and Vacuum devices.
Detailed Market Segmentation
DON’T SEE THE SEGMENT OR DATA YOU NEED?
Feel free to contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.