Surgical Microscope Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global and Emerging | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Ophthalmology/Optometry Microscope Market, Neurosurgery/ Spine Microscope Market, ENT Microscope Market and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery Microscope Market
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global surgical microscope market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $887.4 million by 2027.
The majority of the global microscope market share was controlled by Carl Zeiss, Leica Microsystems, and Alcon. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes the ophthalmology/optometry microscope, neurosurgery/spine microscope, ENT microscope, and the plastic reconstructive surgery microscope markets.
Plenty of substitution occurs in the surgical microscope market. For instance, microscopes used in neurosurgery can also be used for spine procedures, although the scopes for spine procedures do not need to be as advanced. Likewise, overlap can be found in plastic reconstructive and ENT microscopes. Often, the base microscope is the same, with additional features added to accommodate a specific procedure.
Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Surgical Microscope Market Insights
Surgical microscopes tend to be one of the most expensive types of equipment that facilities must purchase. Much of the surgical microscope market growth is supplemented by new builds, purchases made by large institutions or university hospitals, and, for neurosurgery microscopes specifically, the construction of new hybrid operating rooms. The rising number of units sold and the rising market ASP drove growth in the market for surgical microscopes. COVID-19 has impacted the market by delaying construction which is further explored within the report.
Market Share Insights
Carl Zeiss, Leica Microsystems, and Alcon controlled the surgical microscope market. In 2020, the leading competitor in the surgical microscope market was Carl Zeiss. The company has been in the market for 20 years longer than Leica and thus is considered by many to be the gold standard in neurosurgical microscopes. The company has the largest installed base in the industry.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.