Surgical Display and PACS Monitor Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global and Emerging | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Type (HD Surgical Display, 4K Surgical Display, UHD 8-Megapixel Display & PACS Monitor)
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global surgical display and PACS monitor market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach approximately $999 million by 2027.
Karl Storz, Stryker, and Olympus are the market share leaders in the global surgical display market and PACS monitor market. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes HD, 4K and 8-megapixel ultra high definition (UHD) surgical displays and PACS monitors.
Surgical displays are in essentially every operating room (ORs) globally. Within the ORs, they display images and videos captured by surgical cameras as well as procedure-related information. Surgical displays require high brightness, excellent contrast, and true-color reproduction and must meet stringent safety standards. As a result, they are more expensive than typical consumer displays.
Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Surgical Display and PACS Monitor Market Insights
Over the forecast period, growth is expected for the total surgical display and the PACS monitor market. Most importantly, ASPs and unit sales are experiencing positive growth rates. In addition, shifts towards 4K display and increases in the average number of displays found in ORs occurred. However, COVID-19, due to delaying construction in hospitals and facilities, impacted this market.
Market Share Insights
Karl Storz, Stryker, and Olympus controlled the surgical display and PACS monitor market. Karl Storz was the leading brand in the surgical display market in 2020. In order to sell their surgical displays, Karl Storz leveraged their position as the leading competitor in the OR market. Currently, the company sells displays primarily from NDS Surgical Imaging (NDSsi).
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.