Gynecological Devices Market Report Analysis, Size, Trends| Japan | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 10 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: Japan
- Pages: 237
- Published Date: 3/1/2017
- Type: MedSuite
Overall, the Japan market for gynecological devices was valued at $72.28 million in 2016. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 1.8% to reach $81.77 million.
The assisted reproduction device market is directly related to procedure numbers and driven by country legislation and reimbursement. Additionally, emerging technologies in the field are fueling market growth. Embryo time lapse incubators and vitrification equipment are the fastest growing segments of the market bolstering the market value. Trends in endometrial ablation, endometrial resection and uterine fibroid embolization are interlinked. The uterine fibroid embolization market is increasing over the forecast period.
The hysteroscope market is comprised of rigid and flexible hysteroscopes in addition to alternative types of flexible endoscopes and video endoscopes. Japan is less price sensitive than other regions of the world with a strong emphasis towards superior optics.
Colposcopes are a very stable and mature market with high saturation. The biggest trend in colposcopes is the division between low-end cost effective colposcopes and new high-end options with documentation systems.
The largest trend in lasers is the transition from predominantly dermatologists performing non-invasive, in-office laser procedures to gynecologists starting to invest in the technology. The most significant trend concerning fluid management equipment is the shift from traditional gravity bags to fluid management equipment.
To read more about the Japan gynecological devices market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Major Segments Covered in the Gynecological Device Market Suite
While this report suite contains all gynecological devices market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the gynecological devices market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Japan Market Overview for Gynecological Devices 2017 – MedView – Gives a high-level view of gynecological devices markets and trends, and aggregates the trends together.
- Japan Procedure Numbers for Gynecological Devices 2017 – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of gynecological procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned below.
- Japan Market Report for Uterine Fibroid Embolization Devices 2017 – MedCore – This market refers to the uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), also known as uterine artery embolization (UAE) which is a radiology treatment for fibroids. The complete market is comprised of the microsphere and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) particle sub-segments respectively.
- Japan Market Report for Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair 2017 – MedCore – This market is further segmented into pelvic organ prolapse repair devices, such as transvaginal mesh and sacrocolpopexy mesh.
- Japan Market Report for Hysteroscopes 2017 – MedCore – This market includes both the rigid and flexible hysteroscope that can be used for the diagnosis and treatment of intrauterine and endocervical problems; including endometrial ablation and myomectomy procedures.
- Japan Market Report for Female Urinary Incontinence Slings 2017 – MedCore – This market includes both synthetic slings and non-synthetic slings. Surgical treatment using a urinary incontinence sling is one of the most recommended options to help patients become incontinence-free.
- Japan Market Report for Fluid Management Equipment 2017 – MedCore – This report is focused on the monitoring and measurement of intrauterine pressure and fluid deficit of a patient undergoing a hysteroscopic procedure.
- Japan Market Report for Endometrial Resection Devices 2017 – MedCore – This market refers to the hysteroscopic procedure to remove the endometrial lining using a resectoscope and an electrosurgical loop electrode. Endometrial resection is an alternative treatment option to a hysterectomy for the treatment of menorrhagia (heavy bleeding).
- Japan Market Report for Colposcopes 2017 – MedCore – This market includes a colposcope, a low-power stereoscopic, binocular field microscope with a powerful light source used for magnified visual examination of the uterine cervix, vaginal wall and vulva to help in diagnosis.
- Japan Market Report for Assisted Reproduction Technology 2017 – MedCore – This market consists of the oocyte retrieval needle, micropipette, embryo transfer catheter, reproductive media and embryo time-lapse incubator sub-segments.
Of course, buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Ask for a Quote to Learn More
Gynecological Device Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Gynecological Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Gynecological Device Companies Analyzed
Kitazato is the largest competitor in the Japanese gynecology device market in 2016. The company was the market leader in the assisted reproduction device market in 2016. Kitazato offers a wide portfolio of products specializing in assisted reproduction technology (ART), the oocyte retrieval needles include pump aspiration single lumen, manual aspiration single lumen, double lumen and other needles.
Cook Medical was the second leading competitor in 2016. Similar to Kitazato, Cook Medical was only active within the assisted reproduction technology (ART) device market. They held second place in the oocyte retrieval needle market. This company has over 15 different retrieval needles available in various product lines,
Olympus was founded in Tokyo and is known for the quality of their optical and imaging solutions. As a Japan based company, Olympus’s product portfolios have a disproportionately higher market share and sales volume in Japan and China. The company offers product portfolios in endometrial resection, hysteroscopes, colposcopes and fluid management equipment.
Cooper Surgical is a branch of Cooper Companies, that is dedicated to women’s health products. It has a wide range of products available for women’s health and has, over the years, acquired a wide portfolio of companies in order to deliver an expansive range of healthcare products to women.
Boston Scientific offers products across several markets. In the vaginal mesh markets, it offers the vaginal support system. Within the urinary sling market, Boston Scientific offers a wide range of products. The sale of American Medical Systems’ urology portfolio in March 2015 to Boston Scientific did not include American Medical Systems’ pelvic organ prolapse or female stress urinary incontinence products.
The report suite for gynecological devices market includes analysis on the following companies:
Kitazato, Cook Medical, Olympus, Cooper Surgical, Boston Scientific, Vitrolife, Irvine Scientific, Naka Medical, Johnson & Johnson, Karl Storz, Vitromed, Rocket Medical and others.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
History of Our Gynecological Device Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We specialize in it, and the gynecological devices market was one of our original reports that helped build trust in our research and methodology. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the gynecological devices market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research, that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top gynecological device companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our gynecological devices market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.