Uterine Fibroid Embolization Device Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Microsphere Market & PVA Particle Market
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) device market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $92 million by 2027.
The majority of the global uterine fibroid embolization device market share was controlled by Merit Medical Systems and Boston Scientific. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes microsphere procedures and PVA particle procedures.
Uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), also known as uterine artery embolization, is a radiology treatment for fibroids. This procedure does not involve general anesthesia and is appropriate for women who want an alternative to a myomectomy, also known as fibroidectomy. It is a much less invasive way to treat fibroids than a hysterectomy, has a much shorter recovery time, and leaves almost no scarring.
Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Procedure Numbers
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Throughout this study on uterine fibroid embolization device market, iData Research has performed an analysis on Microsphere and PVA Particle procedure numbers in order to increase the accuracy of our market sizing, and provide you with the volume of procedures over a 10-year range and across 70 countries.
Uterine Fibroid Embolization Device Market Insights
The uterine fibroid embolization market will experience moderate growth over the forecast period. The total market is comprised of the microsphere and PVA particle market sub-segments. When it comes to the segments, the microsphere segment accounted for the vast majority of the UFE market in 2020 because microspheres are preferred by physicians. Both the microsphere and PVA particle markets are expected to be significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the impacts on this market as well as the procedures the market is in competition with are further discussed within the report.
Market Share Insights
The global pelvic organ prolapse repair device market was controlled by Merit Medical Systems and Boston Scientific. In 2020, Merit Medical Systems was the clear leader of the total global uterine fibroid embolization device market, with the vast majority of market share. This was the first company to receive FDA approval to market the Embosphere®Microspheres as a product for uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) and thus, gave it a stronghold on the microsphere market that it has since maintained.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.