Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Device Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Transvaginal Mesh Market & Sacrocolpopexy Mesh Market
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global pelvic organ prolapse repair device market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $180.1 million by 2027.
The majority of the global pelvic organ prolapse repair device market share was controlled by Boston Scientific, Coloplast, and Caldera Medical. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes the transvaginal mesh market and the sacrocolpopexy mesh market.
Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) afflicts up to 50% of women who have had children or have undergone menopause. However, the total market for pelvic organ prolapse repair devices has been declining in previous years and is projected to experience a significant decrease over the forecast period outside of COVID-19 related fluctuations.
Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Procedure Numbers
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Throughout this study on the pelvic organ prolapse repair device market, iData Research has performed an analysis on transvaginal mesh repair and sacrocolpopexy mesh repair procedure numbers to increase the accuracy of our market sizing, and provide you with the volume of procedures over a 10-year range and across 70 countries.
Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Device Market Insights
The largest market for pelvic organ prolapse repair devices was the North American region. The sacrocpoplexy market is set to experience a slight increase caused by consistent procedure numbers and the major shift away from transvaginal mesh. Unit sales of transvaginal mesh have dropped due to the adverse side effects and increased concern for patient safety. Alongside this, a significant decline is projected over the forecast period, outside of COVID-19 related fluctuations, which is expressed in detail within the report.
Market Share Insights
The global pelvic organ prolapse repair device market was controlled by Boston Scientific, Coloplast, and Caldera Medical.
Boston Scientific held the leading position in the pelvic organ prolapse repair device market with its product portfolio which includes: the Upsylon™ Y-Mesh as a bridging material for sacrocolpopexy treatment of a vaginal vault prolapse, the Colpassist™ vaginal positioning device to place the mesh during the procedure, and others discussed within the report.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.