Colposcope and Hysteroscope Market Size, Share & COVID19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Includes: Colposcopes and Hysteroscopes by type (Flexible, Rigid)
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global colposcope and hysteroscope market sizes are estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $143.1 million and $99.5 million, respectively, by 2027.
The majority of the global colposcope market share was controlled by Cooper Surgical, Olympus, and Carl Zeiss. For the hysteroscope market, the market share was controlled by Karl Storz, Olympus, and Richard Wolf. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes the units sold, growth rates, average selling prices, and market values.
Both the colposcope and hysteroscope markets are very mature and stable. Within the colposcope market, unit sales are largely dependent on the population of a country. Because of this, there is a distinction between lower-end and higher-end systems with visible segmentation. In terms of the hysteroscope market, there is movement between the flexible and rigid hysteroscope markets which is further discussed within this report.
Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
Colposcope Market Insights
The largest market for colposcopy was North America, however, there are significant variations across countries in terms of market preferences and growth. Within this market, unit sales are largely dependent on the population of a country, since the market is saturated. As a result of COVID-19, less patients are being referred to get a colposcopy as routine screening has declined. These and other factors are further discussed throughout the report.
Hysteroscope Market Insights
The dominant segment in the total hysteroscope market was rigid hysteroscopes. Changes and trends in this segment are the primary drivers of change in the total hysteroscope market. Because rigid hysteroscopes are available in a wide range of diameters, they are able to accommodate simple office procedures and complex operations, allowing for an increase in popularity. However, the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to severely impact the hysteroscope market due to a reduction in procedures which is further discussed within this report.
Market Share Insights
The global colposcope market was controlled by Cooper Surgical, Olympus, and Carl Zeiss with the hysteroscope market controlled by Karl Storz, Olympus and Richard Wolf.
In 2020, Cooper Surgical was the leading competitor in the colposcope market. Its German-made Leisegang® line of colposcopes has enjoyed excellent brand recognition and popularity throughout the world. Karl Storz was the leading competitor in the global hysteroscope market in 2020. The company offers a wide range of both miniaturization hysteroscopes intended for offices as well as a product line for standard gynecological procedures using hysteroscopic and/or laparoscopic techniques.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.