Anesthesia and Respiratory Disposables Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Includes: Anesthesia Circuits, Anesthesia, Oxygen, & Laryngeal Masks, Endotracheal & Tracheostomy Tubes, and Heat & Moisture Exchangers
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global anesthesia disposables market and respiratory disposables market sizes are estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $1 billion and $1.05 billion, respectively, by 2027.
The majority of the global anesthesia disposables market share was controlled by Teleflex, Ambu, and Medtronic. Similarly, the global respiratory disposables market leaders were Medtronic, Teleflex, and Smiths Medical.
This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes the global market for anesthesia disposables with anesthesia circuits, anesthesia masks, endotracheal tubes, and laryngeal masks. In addition, this report includes the global market for respiratory disposables including oxygen cannulas, oxygen masks, resuscitators, tracheostomy tubes, and heat and moisture exchangers.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Analysis and Forecasts until 2027, Utilizing Historical Data from 2017 (10-year span)
- Market Drivers and Limiters
- Competitive Market Share Analysis
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
ANESTHESIA DISPOSABLES MARKET INSIGHTS
The overall market for anesthesia disposable products is broken into four groups of products: anesthesia circuits, anesthesia masks, endotracheal tubes (ETTs), and laryngeal masks (LM). All segments will experience slow price erosion, due to the competitive and mature nature of the market and because the price is often the only major differentiating factor between products. In 2020, the largest segment of the anesthesia disposables market was the laryngeal mask segment.
RESPIRATORY DISPOSABLES MARKET INSIGHTS
Increasing rates of respiratory conditions are expected to be the principal driver of this market; however, 2020’s substantial growth was largely attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although COVID-19 was primarily a driver for the ventilator market, the respiratory nature of the virus has had an impact on other similar segments, namely respiratory disposables. All segments show price erosion because prices are often the only major differentiating factor between products.
ANESTHESIA AND RESPIRATORY DISPOSABLES MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Teleflex, Ambu, and Medtronic controlled the global anesthesia disposables market share. Within the global respiratory disposables market, Medtronic, Teleflex, and Smiths Medical were the leaders.
In 2020, Teleflex held the leading position in the global market for anesthesia disposables, due to its presence in every market segment. Teleflex’s Rusch® endotracheal tubes come in a wide range of tube sizes and are made of temperature-sensitive plastics that allow body temperature to soften the tube for greater patient comfort during use. Medtronic holds a dominant position in the tracheostomy tube market. However, the company has been losing its share in recent years.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.