Oxygen Concentrator Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Device Type (Stationary, and Portable)
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global oxygen concentrator market saw a notable COVID-19 related increase in demand for stationary oxygen concentrators, specifically the high-flow variant. As a result, this market experienced a 14.6% increase from the previous year, reaching $1.2 billion in 2020. Demand is expected to continue growing over the forecast period to reach $1.6 billion at a CAGR of 4.1% by 2027.
The majority of the global oxygen concentrator market share was controlled by Philips Healthcare, Inogen, and CAIRE.
Oxygen therapy devices are used to treat patients who are no longer able to receive adequate volumes of oxygen through the breathing of natural air and who require higher concentrations of oxygen. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes stationary oxygen concentrators and portable oxygen concentrators.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR MARKET INSIGHTS
The number of patients requiring medical oxygen is expected to increase gradually as the population ages in many markets and as incidence rates for chronic respiratory conditions increase. The short-term surge in unit sales was directly attributed to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the latest in the series of respiratory diseases. As such, increasing hospitalizations, respiratory complications, and a spike in conditions requiring oxygen concentrators contributed to the growth observed in 2020.
GLOBAL OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The global ventilator market was controlled by Philips Healthcare, Inogen, and CAIRE.
Philips is a global leader in sleep and respiratory devices. For oxygen therapy devices, Philips offers a range of stationery and portable concentrators. Currently being featured is Philips’ SimplyGo™ line of portable concentrators. The standard SimplyGo™ concentrator is truly innovative in the industry, as it is the lightest concentrator (weighing only nine pounds) that has capabilities for both continuous and pulse flows of up to six LPM.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.