Wound Care Market Analysis, Size, Trends | India | 2016-2022 | MedSuite (Includes 8 Reports)
The wound and tissue management market includes wound closure devices, moist dressings, antimicrobial dressings, traditional dressings, compression bandages, hemostats, tissue sealants,
anti-adhesion products and negative pressure wound therapy. In 2015, the type of wound care varied by region and by hospital type in India.
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: India
- Published Date: 5/1/2016
- Pages: 183
- Type: MedSuite
In 2015, the combined market for wound care in India increased by 7.9% over 2014. Some market segments are well established, while other areas are still developing and gaining awareness in India. The tissue sealant market exhibited the highest growth rate in 2015. As surgeons and hospitals become aware of the increased benefits and long-term cost savings associated with anti-adhesion products, the adoption rates will rise. The second fastest growing market in 2015 was the silver dressing market. Unit sales of silver dressings experienced rapid growth in the past three to four years, as these products began to penetrate the government hospital market segment. In addition, increased availability of low-cost products from domestic manufacturers will further drive unit sales.
This report also includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
The wound care market includes wound closure devices, moist dressings, antimicrobial dressings, traditional dressings, compression bandages, hemostats, tissue sealants, anti-adhesion products and negative pressure wound therapy. In 2015, the type of wound care varied by region and by hospital type in India. Patients with health insurance typically visited private hospitals and were more likely to use advanced wound care products. Meanwhile, government hospitals or facilities in more rural settings used higher volumes of traditional wound dressings to treat patients. This report details the expected growth rates, average selling prices (ASPs) and market values of these interlinked segments.
The Indian wound and tissue management market is expected to be driven by an aging population as well as rising rates of diabetes, obesity and heart disease. These chronic health problems lead to major surgeries, chronic ulcers and other problems, which drive both the wound management and wound closure segments. Rise in spending power among urban populations coupled with improved access to advanced wound care technologies (such as negative pressure wound therapy, moist dressings and biosurgery products) are also driving the market.
While this report suite contains all India wound and tissue management device data, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the wound care market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Indian Market Overview for Wound Care 2016 – MedView – Brief overview chapter of the Wound and Tissue Management market. The chapter includes a short analysis of the overall market, breakdown of segments involved in the market, companies that are involved in the market and the drivers and limiters affecting the market.
- Indian Market Report for Wound Care 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Wound Closure Device market. Chapter includes market segments such as sutures, surgical staplers, ligating clip applies, skin closure strips and topical skin adhesives.
- Indian Market Report for Moist Dressings 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Moist Dressings market. Segments included in the chapter is the foam dressing market, film dressing, hydrocolloid dressing market, alginate dressing market, hydrofiber dressing market and hydrogel dressing market.
- Indian Market Report for Compression Bandages 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Compression Bandages market. Segments included is the Single-Layer Bandage market and the Multi-layer Bandage Market.
- Indian Market Report for Hemostats 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Hemostats market. Chapter includes drivers and limiters affecting the market, the top companies dominating the market, and an analysis of the growth that is occurring in the market.
- Indian Market Report for Tissue Sealants 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Tissue Sealants market. Chapter includes drivers and limiters affecting the market, the top companies dominating the market, and an analysis of the growth that is occurring in the market.
- Indian Market Report for Anti-Adhesion Products 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Anti-Adhesion Product market. Chapter includes drivers and limiters affecting the market, the top companies dominating the market, and an analysis of the growth that is occurring in the market.
- Indian Market Report for Negative Pressure Wound Therapy 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Negative Pressure Wound Therapy market. Chapter includes drivers and limiters affecting the market, the top companies dominating the market, and an analysis of the growth that is occurring in the market.
Wound Care Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Wound Care Market Share Insights
In 2015, the leading competitor in the wound care market was Ethicon (a Johnson & Johnson company). It dominated the wound closure market through its dominant position in the suture and stapler markets. Ethicon also maintained a significant share of the tissue management fields of hemostats and tissue sealant products. It is able to bundle a wide range of products and servicing agreements to secure hospital contracts and deter competitors from stealing the market share. Brand recognition, training and service offerings and the ability to provide customers with a variety of wound closure products are key factors to Ethicon’s success.
The second leading competitor in the wound care market was 3M. It competed and dominated in the transparent film dressings segment of advanced dressings, medical tapes segment of traditional dressings and skin-closure strips segment of wound closure.
Other companies researched in this report includes Covidien, Sutures India Pvt, BSN Medical, Lotus Surgical, Centennial Surgical Sutures Ltd, Baxter, Smith & Nephew, Convatec, Atmos, B. Braun, Ciocer, BSN Medical, Dyna Ortho, Stryker, Surgiwear, Tissuemed, Vissco and other domestic manufacturers.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.