Wound Care Market Analysis, Size, Trends | China | 2016-2022 | MedSuite (Includes 7 Reports)
The Chinese market for wound and tissue management includes any device that treats wounds to the skin, dermal layers and adjacent subcutaneous tissues in addition to devices that manage trauma to tissue and blood vessels during surgery. Wound management devices treat external wounds, while dressings, compression and negative pressure wound therapy aid the bodys innate ability to heal skin, surgical and chronic wounds.
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: China
- Published Date: 4/1/2016
- Pages: 165
- Type: MedSuite
In 2015, the combined market for wound care in China increased over 2014. Some market segments are well established, while other areas are still developing and gaining awareness in China. Over the forecast period, the total market is expected to grow.
An increasing number of laparoscopic procedures has resulted in growing demand for the premium-priced endoscopic staplers, which has significantly contributed to the wound closure segment witnessing the highest growth rate in 2015. The tissue sealants market exhibited the second highest growth rate in 2015 due to the lower penetration of these products. As surgeons and hospitals become aware of the increased benefits and long-term cost savings associated with anti-adhesion products, the adoption rates will rise.
In 2015, the market for moist wound dressings experienced growth over the previous year. Physicians are becoming more knowledgeable about the benefits of advanced products, and are more likely to use them as their expertise increases. In addition, patient awareness and spending power is growing, which leads individuals to ask for more advanced products.
To read more about the Chinese wound care market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
In 2015, the Chinese market for wound care was valued at nearly $2.1 billion, an increase of 7% over 2014.
While this report suite contains all Chinese wound care device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the wound care market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Chinese Market Report for Wound Dressings 2016 – MedCore – This market includes the following types of dressings: moist dressings, antimicrobial dressings and traditional dressings, which are further segmented by type into foam and film products, hydrocolloid, alginate, hydrofiber dressings, hydrogel, silver dressing and collagen products.
- Chinese Market Report for Anti-Adhesion 2016 – MedCore – The anti-adhesion market, also referred to as the adhesion prevention market, includes products aimed at minimizing surgical adhesions.
- Chinese Market Report for Wound Closure 2016 – MedCore – This market includes devices that are used to close wounds resulting from open surgery or other traumas: sutures, staplers, ligating clip appliers, skin closure strips and cyanoacrylate-based tissue adhesives.
- Chinese Market Report for Tissue Sealants 2016 – MedCore – Tissue sealants and glues are used in certain surgical procedures and for some types of bleeding. Tissue sealant market includes fibrin sealants, protein-based sealants, synthetic tissue sealant.
- Chinese Market Report for Negative Pressure Wound Therapy 2016 – MedCore – Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) has two forms which mainly differ in the type of dressing used to transfer NPWT to the wound surface: gauze or foam. The gauze type involves a drain wrapped in gauze topped by a sealed transparent dressing and the foam type uses a sealed polyurethane foam dressing attached by a tube to a vacuum pump.
- Chinese Market Report for Hemostats 2016 – MedCore – Hemostats, also known as anti-hemorrhagic agents are used to promote hemostasis, a process to stop bleeding. This market includes the following types of hemostats: thrombin-based, polysaccharide-based, oxidized regenerated cellulose-based products, gelatin-based, collagen-based, combination hemostats and first responder products.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Wound Care Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Wound Care Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Wound Care Market Share Insights
In 2015, domestic Chinese manufacturers led the combined wound care market based on their dominance in the traditional dressings, tissue sealant and anti-adhesion segments. The advanced dressings segment is still in its growth phase in China. Besides the urban hospitals, other hospitals in rural regions of China, where a vast majority of population resides, continue to use traditional dressings for wound care due to low prices and familiarity.
In 2015, the second leading competitor in the wound care market was Ethicon (a Johnson & Johnson company). It dominated the wound closure market through its dominant position in the suture and stapler markets. Ethicon also captured a leading share of the tissue management fields of hemostats and surgical sealant products.
The third leading competitor in the wound care market in 2015 was Covidien, now part of Medtronic. Covidien participated in the wound closure market, where it offered products in sutures, staplers and ligation segments. In 2012, Covidien opened its China Technology Center (CTC) Research and Development (R&D) facility in Shanghai. Covidien also has ten commercial offices, a manufacturing center and training facilities for health care professionals located in China.
The report suite for the wound care market includes analysis on the following companies:
3H Medical, 3L Medical, 3M, Applied Medical, B.Braun (Aesculap), BSN Medical, Changzhou Lookmed Medical Instrument Co Ltd, Chengdu Baier Maidike Medical Technology, Coloplast, Convatec, Covidien, David Medical, Domestic Chinese Manufacturers, Elite Medline, Ethicon and others.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.