Trauma Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | India | 2019-2025 | MedSuite
- Year: 2019
- Scope: 2015-2025
- Region: India
- Published Date: 03/03/2019
- Pages: 453
- Type: MedSuite
The Indian trauma device market was valued at $127 million in 2018. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 4.4% to reach over $1.15 million in 2025.
The current attempts to reform the healthcare and insurance systems in India are expected to be one of the drivers of the total market over the forecast period. In 2018, the government
introduced the price regulation program, which initially imposed a 75% price cut for certain cardiovascular devices and later capped prices for orthopedic knee implants. Further activities
related to these initiatives are expected to affect the price policies of international companies competing in the Indian orthopedic trauma device market.
Government initiatives are more likely to affect the prices of global corporations in terms of their distribution expenses, while Indian manufacturers are more likely to benefit from the program. However, there are no established policies to support domestic manufacturing of medical devices in terms of additional funding and newly established grant programs.
The trauma devices market in India is much less mature than in China. The healthcare system and reimbursement regulations are not well-established. The majority of domestic products are still
not compatible with international devices in terms of quality standards. Considering the majority of the market comprises Indian manufacturers, this will limit the future development and new
technology adoption in the market.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED
While this report suite contains all applicable market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the specific market segment research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Procedure Numbers for Trauma Devices – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic trauma procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Plates and Screws Market – MedCore – Includes evaluation of standard plates and screws, hybrid plates and screws, locking plates and screws, and distal radius plates and screws.
- Intramedullary Nails Market – MedCore – This report includes markets for humeral intramedullary nails, forearm intramedullary nails, femoral intramedullary nails, tibial intramedullary nails, and ankle intramedullary nails.
- Cannulated Screws Market – MedCore – Includes categorization for headed and headless cannulated screws.
- Intramedullary Hip Screws Market – MedCore – This report provides insight into the markets for both stainless steel and titanium intramedullary hip screws.
- Conventional Hip Screws Market 2019 – MedCore – This report is composed of a market segment for both stainless steel and titanium conventional hip screws.
- External Fixations Market – MedCore – The total market for external fixations is further segmented into the markets for shoulder girdle external fixations, upper arm external fixations, forearm external fixations, hand and wrist external fixations, hip external fixations, upper leg external fixations, knee external fixations, lower leg external fixations, ankle external fixations, and foot and toe external fixations.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- 10 Year Scope
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
INDIAN TRAUMA DEVICES MARKET SHARE INSIGHT
In 2018, DePuy Synthes remained the leading competitor in the total Indian orthopedic trauma market. This can be attributed to their dominant position in the majority of the market segments. Their most significant market share was in the intramedullary nail, conventional hip screw and the plate and screw markets, where they continued to lead. This is a result of their pioneering efforts in developing locking plate and screw systems, which the company first introduced in 2002. Additionally, the company promoted a switch to titanium over stainless steel systems, which is fueling their market growth. DePuy Synthes occupies the premium end of the market and has a strong sales force.
Zimmer Biomet held the second-leading position in the Indian orthopedic trauma market in 2018. The company’s orthopedic trauma device portfolio is part of their S.E.T. portfolio, which includes surgical, sports medicine and biologics, foot and ankle, extremities and trauma products. However, the company has a significantly smaller share in India than in the U.S. and European markets, where they are also among the top five competitors.
In addition, this report analyzes many other competitors including: Smith & Nephew, Medtronic, Stryker, Wright Medical, Apothecaries Sundries (ASCO), Basic Healthcare, GPC Medical, Inor Orthopedics, Invibio, Matrix Meditec, Meril, Narang Medical, SH Pitkar, Sharma Orthopedics, TTK Healthcare, Yogeshwar Implants, and other domestic manufacturers.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.