Orthopedic Large Joint Replacement Devices Market Report Suite | Japan | 2018-2024 | MedSuite
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2016-2022
- Region: Japan
- Pages: 143
- Published Date: 11/1/2015
- Type: MedSuite
In Japan, knee replacement devices were the fastest growing segment in 2015. This market is buoyed by growth of total knee replacement unit sales and particularly revision knee devices. The second fastest segment market in 2015 was the bone cement market. The reason for this is the transition from traditional bone cement to premixed antibiotic bone cement, which is more costly. Antibiotic bone cements have a higher ASP. The third fastest growing segment in Japan was hip replacement devices. The hip replacement segment is more established in Japan and is more saturated. All markets’ growths suffer from ASP decline due to close control of reimbursement rates in Japan, as the government is keenly aware of its large elderly population. In 2015, the Japanese large joint reconstruction device market reached $1,049.3 million, an increase of 4.5% over the previous year. The market includes knee reconstruction devices, hip reconstruction devices and bone cements. The rising number of active patients will increase the demand for total joint arthroplasty.
While this report suite contains all Japanese orthopedic large joint reconstruction devices data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the orthopedic large joint reconstruction market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Japanese Market Overview for Orthopedic Large Joint Devices 2016 – MedView: Gives an easily accessible view of all orthopedic large joint reconstruction markets and trends, and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total Japanese market.
- Japanese Procedure Numbers for Orthopedic Large Joint Devices 2016 – MedPro: Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic large joint reconstruction procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Japanese Market Report for Knee Replacement Devices 2016 – MedCore: The knee is a hinge-like joint that comprises the femur (thighbone), tibia and fibula (shin bones) and patella (knee cap). Knee replacement was first performed in 1968. As joints do not regenerate readily, primary replacement is an eventuality when discomfort and decrease in mobility become serious enough issues for prospective patients. The three major segments of the knee replacement market are primary joint replacement, partial joint replacement and knee revision.
- Japanese Market Report for Hip Replacement Devices 2016 – MedCore: The hip is a ball-and-socket joint, with the head of the femur constituting the ball. This articulates with the acetabular fossa, which is the socketed surface of the pelvis. The hip replacement market includes a primary total hip replacement (THR), partial implants that replace only the femoral or acetabular side of the joint, resurfacing is an alternative form of implantation to total joint replacement and hip revision. The market is also segmented by a fixation types that are used to fix hip implants and by implant materials.
- Japanese Market Report for Bone Cement 2016 – MedCore: Rather than acting purely as an adhesive, bone cement accomplishes fixation by filling the space between the bone and implant. Its chief constituent is polymethylmethacrylate. The other key ingredient is a liquid monomer of methylmethacrylate. Each is stored separately until the time of the operation and are mixed during the time of the operation. Doing so produces a polymerization reaction that solidifies the substances.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
To read more about the Japanese Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Market Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Companies Analyzed
Zimmer Biomet led the Japanese large joint replacement device market in 2015. On June 24th 2015, Zimmer completed its merging with Biomet. The $14 billion deal had been under scrutiny from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and other sources for many months. The merging creates redundant products in the company’s portfolio, but for the short term will continue to offer both Zimmer and Biomet solutions.
Kyocera Medical was second in the large joint replacement device market in Japan in 2015. Kyocera’s market presence comes from their leading share of the hip replacement market.
Stryker was third in the Japanese large joint replacement device market in 2015.
This Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Market Report Suite for Japan includes analysis on the following companies currently active in this market:
Zimmer Biomet, Kyocera Medical, Stryker, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew, MicroPort, B. Braun, Nakashima Medical, Corin, Exactech, JMDM, Lima, Medacta and others.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.