Syringe and Needle Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis | Global | 2020-2026 | MedCore | Includes: Conventional, Safety & Insulin Devices
- Year: 2020
- Scope: 2016-2026
- Region: Africa, Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America
- Published Date: 12/23/2020
- Type: MedCore
In 2019, the global syringe and needle market size was valued at $6.8 billion, with the majority of the market size occupied by the needles segment. The global market size is set to expand partially due to the COVID19 pandemic and exceed $7.5 billion in 2026.
In North America and Europe, the majority of the syringe and needle market share was controlled by Becton Dickinson. Overall, this global market research includes an analysis of both syringe and needle companies spawning across more than 70 countries in the world.
Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Market Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Market Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Syringe and Needle Market Insights
Two of the largest global markets for syringes and needles are Europe and North America. The value of the North American syringe and needle market is expected to grow modestly over the forecast period. Market declines will be driven by a contraction in unit sales but limited by mild average selling prices (ASPs) appreciation. Unit sales declines in the insulin syringe segment will apply downward pressure on unit sales of the total syringe market in North America. This trend is moderating but will continue to exert downward pressure on the unit sales of the total syringe market over the next 6 years.
In the European region, the majority of syringes and needles are sold separately and combined when used, but there are some unique markets, such as Italy. In these markets, high sales of syringes and needles already attached make the standalone market small by comparison. The implementation of the directive by the Council of the European Union, which aims to reduce needlestick injuries, is leading to a significant conversion from conventional to safety needles. In addition to the conversion to premium-priced safety needles, the use of two needles instead of one is leading to an increase in unit sales.
Syringe and Needle Market Share Insight
In 2020, Becton Dickinson led the global syringes and needles market, with over 40% of the total market share. Since the 2017 acquisition of C.R. Bard, Becton Dickinson has continued to be a major player in this segment. Becton Dickinson is strongest in the hospital segment of the total syringe and needle market, where it was estimated to control over 80% of sales. The company produces billions of syringes and takes advantage of economies of scale to produce and sell syringes at a lower cost than many of its competitors.
In North America, Cardinal Health was the second-leading competitor in the syringe and needle market in 2020. The company acquired Medtronic’s Patient Care, Deep Vein Thrombosis, and Nutritional Insufficiency business, which held the second-leading competition in the syringe and needle market.
In Europe, B. Braun was the second-leading competitor in the syringe and needle market. The company has gained significant market share in the past several years, especially in regions such as Germany, France, and the United Kingdom.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this research series, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
Market Segmentation SummaryContact Us For Additional Information
For full segmentation and any questions regarding research coverage, please contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.
- Becton Dickinson
- B. Braun
- Cambridge Sensors
- Cardinal Health
- Greiner Bio-One
- Neon Diagnostics
- Nipro Medical,
- Novo Nordisk
- Owen Mumford
- Prosum Medical
- Smiths Medical
- And More
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.