The EP market is expected to experience growth across all product segments over the forecast period. The more recent products are expected to experience strong growth on a percentage basis but not on an absolute unit or market growth basis simply because newer devices take a while for physicians to adopt. Also, considering the severity of the procedures, it will take years of practice before a device can fully take off. Therefore, most of the devices sold for newer market segments will go towards training and clinical studies. Throughout the forecast period, there is expected to be a significant growth in demand for catheter-based ablation procedures due to an increase in public knowledge, technological improvements and an increase in the number of EP labs in rural areas. By 2022, the ablation segment is expected to become increasingly prominent, accounting for 59.9% of the total market.
While this report suite contains all US electrophysiology device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the electrophysiology market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Electrophysiology Device Market Overview for US 2016 – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all electrophysiology device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Electrophysiology Lab Device Market for US 2016 – MedCore – The electrophysiology (EP) laboratory devices segment is categorized into 3D mapping systems, EP recording systems, remote steering systems, intracardiac echocardiography systems (ICE) and radiofrequency (RF) ablation generators.
- Diagnostic EP Catheter Market for US 2016 – MedCore -Diagnostic electrophysiology (EP) devices are used for monitoring electrical signals in the heart. EP studies are used either to diagnose arrhythmias or to assist in cardiac ablation procedures.
- Cardiac Ablation Catheter Market for US 2016 – MedCore – This market covers all atherectomy devices including Rotating Blade Shavers as well as Laser Devices.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Electrophysiology Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Electrophysiology Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Electrophysiology Companies Analyzed
Biosense Webster was the leading competitor in the EP lab system, ablation catheter and diagnostic EP catheter markets. The company has been able to maintain its dominant position in the market by offering a wide range of EP and ablation devices while utilizing their expansive distribution network to improve sales.
Other major competitors in the market include Angiodynamics, Biotronik, Boston Scientific, GE Healthcare, MicroPort, Siemens, Stereotaxis, St. Jude Medical and Topera. Certain companies, such as Boston Scientific and St. Jude Medical, also offer a wide range of EP and ablation products and sell them through large distribution networks.