Sports Medicine Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Europe | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 10 Reports)
The full report suite on the European market for orthopedic soft tissue repair includes tendon reinforcement grafts, suture anchors, tenodesis screws, ACL/PCL replacement allografts, interference screws, intratunnel fixation devices, cortical fixation devices, cross-pins, washer and post, osteochondral allografts, meniscal allografts, autologous chondrocyte implantation, particulated juvenile allograft implant, microfracture adjunct, suture meniscal repair devices, implant meniscal repair devices, hybrid meniscal repair devices, hip radiofrequency probes, banana blades, hip access kits and disposable suture passers.
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: Europe
- Published Date: 5/1/2017
- Pages: 377
- Type: MedSuite
In 2016, the fastest growing segment in the European soft tissue repair and sports medicine market was the meniscal repair market. This was largely attributed to the continued transition towards hybrid devices. Hybrid devices require a premium price and have excellent clinical outcomes. Therefore, rapid adoption of these new devices has propelled the market into fast growth. Europe’s aging population coupled with an increasingly active population has also augmented the number of procedures being performed.
The second fastest growing segment was the cartilage repair market, which is expected to experience varying levels of growth over the forecast period. Growth of the cartilage repair market will primarily be driven by the autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI) market, which is the largest segment within cartilage repair and is expected to experience rapid levels of growth pending regulatory approval.
To read more about Europe sports medicine market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
The total European sports medicine market is growing at a rate of 4.6%, which will take the 2016 market value of €561.4 million up to €808.3 million by 2023.
While this report suite contains all orthopedic soft tissue repair market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the orthopedic soft tissue repair market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Sports Medicine Market Procedure Volume Analysis – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic soft tissue repair procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Sports Medicine Devices – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this orthopedic soft tissue repair devices suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Rotator Cuff Graft Reinforcement Market – MedCore – The soft tissue reinforcement grafts used for this indication include allografts (human tissue-derived), xenografts (non-human tissue-derived) and synthetics (composed of synthetic materials).
- Rotator Cuff Repair Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation on PLA Resorbable Suture Anchors, Biocomposite Suture Anchors, PEEK Suture Anchors, Metal Suture Anchors, and All-Suture Anchors.
- Shoulder Labrum Repair Market – MedCore – Segmented by PLA Resorbable Suture Anchors, Biocomposite Suture Anchors, PEEK Suture Anchors, Metal Suture Anchors, and All-Suture Anchors.
- ACL/PCL Reconstruction Market – MedCore – Split into two major segments: Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Allografts and Soft Tissue Allografts.
- ACL/PCL Fixation Device Market – MedCore – Further segmented into Femoral Fixation Devices (Interference Screws, Intratunnel Fixation Devices, Cross-Pins, Cortical Fixation) and Tibial Fixation Devices (Interference Screws, Intratunnel Fixation Devices, Washer and Post Devices).
- Cartilage Repair Market – MedCore – This market is comprised of the Osteochondral Allograft, Meniscal Allograft, Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation, and Osteochondral Autograft Markets.
- Meniscal Repair Market – MedCore – Segmented by Suture, Implant and Hybrid Meniscal Repairs.
- Hip Arthroscopy Market – MedCore – Includes segmentation on Hip Radiofrequency Probes, Banana Blades, Hip Access Kits, Suture Anchors, and Disposable Suture Passers.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Sports Medicine Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Sports Medicine Market Share Insights
Smith & Nephew holds the leading position in the European sports medicine market, followed by Arthrex and DePuy Mitek. Smith and Nephew’s success can to attributed to their wide coverage of products across the shoulder, knee and hip segments. The company exhibited the strongest performance in the meniscal repair and hip arthroscopy markets. To further solidify their lead in the hip arthroscopy market, Smith & Nephew acquired Arthrocare in May 2014 which allowed them to further their radiofrequency probe technology.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include significant market shares from ConMed Linvatec, TETEC, Zimmer Biomet, CO.DON, TiGenix, Stryker, Karl Storz, Wright Medical, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.