Europe’s spinal implants market is growing at a rate of 3.3%, which will take the 2021 market value of €1.6 billion up to €2 billion by 2028.
The full report suite on the Europe’s spinal implants and VCF market includes in-depth procedure numbers alongside segments for traditional cervical and thoracolumbar fixation devices, interbody devices, motion preservation devices, vertebral compression fracture (VCF) treatment, spinal electrical stimulation and spinal surgery instrumentation.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Procedure Numbers, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2028, and Historical Data to 2018
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Procedure Volumes
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 IMPACT ANALYSIS ON THE EUROPEAN SPINAL IMPLANTS MARKET
2021 was a critical year for the spinal implant and VCF market, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, which started in late 2019. Many countries put restrictions in place to control the pandemic, which resulted in a decline in many procedures. Overall, the thoracolumbar market experienced one of the steepest declines in 2020. Other segments that suffered sharp decreases were the vertebral compression fracture (VCF) and spinal surgery instrumentation markets. The least-impacted segment was the cervical fixation segment. However, as the rate of vaccinated people increased and the restrictions loosened in 2021 to some extent, almost all segments of the market were on the path to full recovery and some even exceeded the pre-pandemic market values.
EUROPEAN SPINAL IMPLANTS MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Overall, within the European Spinal Implants market there are two dominant competitors: Medtronic and DePuy Synthes.Medtronic was the leading competitor in the European spinal implant and VCF market in 2021. The company’s strong performance was due its leading position in the vertebral compression fracture market. It was second place in the cervical fixation market, the thoracolumbar fixation market, the interbody device market and the motion preservation device market.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
While this report suite contains all data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Procedure Volumes for Spinal Implants and VCF – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of spinal implants and VCF procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Cervical Fixation Market – MedCore – Segmented into 2 main markets, Anterior Cervical Fixation Market and Posterior Cervical Fixation Market.
- Thoracolumbar Fixation Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation into Degenerative Thoracolumbar Fixation by Approach and Levels Treated, Deformity Correction Thoracolumbar Fixation, and Trauma/Tumor Thoracolumbar Fixation.
- Interbody Device Market – MedCore – This market is segmented into the ALIF, PLIF, TLIF, CIF, VBR/Corpectomy, Expandable Interbody Device, and Standalone Interbody Markets.
- Motion Preservation Device Market – MedCore – Segments include Artificial Discs and Dynamic Stabilization.
- Vertebral Compression Fracture Market – MedCore – This report considers the Vertebroplasty Market and Percutaneous Vertebral Augmentation Market.
- Spinal Electrical Stimulation Device Market – MedCore – Further segmented into Cervical Electrical Stimulation Devices and Lumbar Electrical Stimulation Devices.
- Spinal Surgery Instrumentation Market – MedCore – Spinal instrumentation is used to stabilize the spine during fusion procedures, typically by lessening the pressure put on the spine until successful fusion has occurred.
Research Scope Summary
|Market Size, Procedure Volume, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.
|COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios
|Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.