The full report suite on the Japanese market for small bone and joint orthopedic devices includes shoulder reconstruction and fixation devices, elbow repair devices, hand and wrist devices and foot and ankle devices. The market is segmented by anatomy and each anatomy-specific segment is further divided by implant types, from total joint reconstruction to internal fixation and bone fusion.
The total small joint reconstruction market is projected to remain small, compared to the large joint arthroplasty market. Unlike the hip and knee joints, the extremity joints (except for ankles) do not bear body weight. As such, the incidence of arthritis in the shoulder and elbow is much less frequent than in the large joints. The shoulder and elbow are less likely to experience degenerative wear in the absence of disease or pathological mechanical stress. The result is a naturally smaller market for upper extremity joint replacement compared to hips or knees. However, the incidence rate in the upper extremities is one of the highest among all anatomies.
Major Segments Covered in the Small Bone & Joint Devices Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all small bone & joint devices data for Japanese market, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the small bone & joint orthopedic devices market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Procedure Numbers for Small Bone and Joint Devices – MedPro: Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of small bone and joint orthopedic procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Shoulder Reconstruction Devices Market – MedCore: This market includes total joint replacement, partial and fracture-type implants and resurfacing implants. Shoulder devices are considered a small joint in this report; however, they are sometimes classified as large joints because they are often marketed in a similar manner to hip and knee implants.
- Elbow Reconstruction Devices Market – MedCore: The combined elbow repair market includes primary elbow implants, which can be further separated into semi-constrained and unconstrained elbow implants, as well as radial head implants. Semi-constrained elbows currently dominate the market as unconstrained elbows and radial head implants have not been present in the market for as long.
- Hand and Wrist Devices Market– MedCore: This market includes distal interphalangeal joint (DIJ), proximal interphalangeal joint (PIJ) and metacarpophalangeal joint (MCP).
- Foot and Ankle Devices Market – MedCore: This market includes total ankle implants, ankle fusion and foot and ankle external fixation. Foot and ankle medical devices market includes devices for the ankle joint, subtalar joint, midfoot and forefoot and for the toe digits, such as intramedullary nails, ankle plate and screw systems and ankle external fixators are used to treat arthritis of the ankle or traumatic ankle injuries.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2025, and Historical Data to 2015
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Small Bone & Joint Devices Market Share Insights
The top competitors of the total small joint and bone orthopedic market in Japan are international medical manufacturers, including DePuy Synthes, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, Acumed and Wright Medical, controlling a distinct majority of the market. However, the top 10 includes domestic manufacturers, such as Teijin Nakashima and Kyocera. As a leading domestic manufacturer, Teijin Nakashima gained a notable share in the combined foot and ankle device due to their leading position in the primary ankle replacement segment, which the company shared with Kyocera in 2019. Both Japanese manufacturers also had notable shares in combined elbow repair device market.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.