Orthopedic Biomaterials Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | United States | 2022-2028 | MedSuite | Includes: Orthopedic Bone Graft Substitutes (Allografts, Demineralized Bone Matrices (DBMs), Xenografts, and Synthetic Bone Graft) , Orthopedic Growth Factor, and 4 more
- Year: 2022
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: United States
- Type: MedSuite
Overall, the U.S. Orthopedic Biomaterials market was valued at $3.7 billion in 2021. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 3.6% to reach $4.7 billion.
Demographic factors in the U.S. continue to be the largest driver within the orthopedic biomaterials market. This is primarily due to the growing elderly population, and the high prevalence of obesity within the United States, both of which are correlated to the incidence of osteoarthritis and other degenerative diseases.
In 2021, the largest segment of the total U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market was bone graft substitutes, with hyaluronic viscosupplementation closely behind. Segment growth for the bone graft substitute market has been consistent and is expected to continue following this trend, as bone graft substitutes have already proven in many cases to be effective.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Procedure Numbers, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- 10 Year Scope
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
COVID-19 IMPACT ON THE U.S. ORTHOPEDIC BIOMATERIALS MARKET
The impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market was notable, but the market is expected to return to pre-pandemic numbers within the next few years. As the pandemic grew, hospitals shut down elective surgeries as hospital beds, personal protective equipment (PPE) and hospital staff were devoted to treating COVID-19 patients in addition to urgent procedures. This meant that a large majority of orthopedic surgeries were postponed during 2020 going into 2021.
U.S. ORTHOPEDIC BIOMATERIALS MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Overall, within the U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market there are three dominant competitors: Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, and Zimmer Biomet.
As of 2021, Medtronic has retained its spot as the leader within the U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market, largely thanks to its growth factor product, INFUSE®. The company maintained a strong presence within the bone graft substitute market as well, and it is expected to continue holding its top spot in the next few years.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
While this report suite contains all applicable market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the specific market segment research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- U.S. Orthopedic Biomaterials Procedure Numbers– MedPro – Includes procedure numbers for: Bone Graft Substitute, Growth Factor Bone Grafts, Cellular Allografts, Cell Therapy, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Viscosupplementation, and Cartilage Repair.
- U.S. Orthopedic Bone Graft Substitute Market – MedCore – The total market for bone graft substitutes includes allografts, demineralized bone matrices (DBM), xenografts and synthetic grafts.
- U.S. Orthopedic Growth Factor Market– MedCore – This includes segments for cervical disc degeneration, tibial fracture, spine, and ankle and hindfoot fusion.
- U.S. Orthopedic Cellular Allograft Market– MedCore – The orthopedic cellular allograft market is segmented into usage for the cervical and lumbar regions of the spine.
- U.S. Orthopedic Cell Therapy Market– MedCore – The scope of the orthopedic cell therapy market in this report covers platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and concentrated bone marrow aspirate (BMAC).
- U.S. Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market – MedCore – Hyaluronic acid products involve one-, two-, three- or five-dose cycles, with the actual number of doses taken often being less than a full treatment.
- U.S. Orthopedic Cartilage Repair Market– MedCore – The total orthopedic cartilage repair market has generally been increasing in value.
Research Scope Summary
|Quantitative Coverage||Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.|
|Qualitative Coverage||COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, FDA Recalls, Disruptive Technologies, Disease Overviews.|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.|
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.