Overall, the U.S. Orthopedic Biomaterials market was valued at $3.7 billion in 2021. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 3.6% to reach $4.7 billion.
Demographic factors in the U.S. continue to be the largest driver within the orthopedic biomaterials market. This is primarily due to the growing elderly population, and the high prevalence of obesity within the United States, both of which are correlated to the incidence of osteoarthritis and other degenerative diseases.
In 2021, the largest segment of the total U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market was bone graft substitutes, with hyaluronic viscosupplementation closely behind. Segment growth for the bone graft substitute market has been consistent and is expected to continue following this trend, as bone graft substitutes have already proven in many cases to be effective.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Procedure Numbers, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- 10 Year Scope
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
COVID-19 IMPACT ON THE U.S. ORTHOPEDIC BIOMATERIALS MARKET
The impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market was notable, but the market is expected to return to pre-pandemic numbers within the next few years. As the pandemic grew, hospitals shut down elective surgeries as hospital beds, personal protective equipment (PPE) and hospital staff were devoted to treating COVID-19 patients in addition to urgent procedures. This meant that a large majority of orthopedic surgeries were postponed during 2020 going into 2021.
U.S. ORTHOPEDIC BIOMATERIALS MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Overall, within the U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market there are three dominant competitors: Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, and Zimmer Biomet.
As of 2021, Medtronic has retained its spot as the leader within the U.S. orthopedic biomaterials market, largely thanks to its growth factor product, INFUSE®. The company maintained a strong presence within the bone graft substitute market as well, and it is expected to continue holding its top spot in the next few years.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
While this report suite contains all applicable market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the specific market segment research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- U.S. Orthopedic Biomaterials Procedure Numbers– MedPro – Includes procedure numbers for: Bone Graft Substitute, Growth Factor Bone Grafts, Cellular Allografts, Cell Therapy, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Viscosupplementation, and Cartilage Repair.
- U.S. Orthopedic Bone Graft Substitute Market – MedCore – The total market for bone graft substitutes includes allografts, demineralized bone matrices (DBM), xenografts and synthetic grafts.
- U.S. Orthopedic Growth Factor Market– MedCore – This includes segments for cervical disc degeneration, tibial fracture, spine, and ankle and hindfoot fusion.
- U.S. Orthopedic Cellular Allograft Market– MedCore – The orthopedic cellular allograft market is segmented into usage for the cervical and lumbar regions of the spine.
- U.S. Orthopedic Cell Therapy Market– MedCore – The scope of the orthopedic cell therapy market in this report covers platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and concentrated bone marrow aspirate (BMAC).
- U.S. Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market – MedCore – Hyaluronic acid products involve one-, two-, three- or five-dose cycles, with the actual number of doses taken often being less than a full treatment.
- U.S. Orthopedic Cartilage Repair Market– MedCore – The total orthopedic cartilage repair market has generally been increasing in value.
Research Scope Summary
|Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.
|COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, FDA Recalls, Disruptive Technologies, Disease Overviews.
|Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.