Infusion Therapy Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2018-2024 | MedSuite (Includes 6 Reports)
The full report suite on the U.S. market for infusion therapy devices includes infusion pumps, infusion sets, needless connectors, in-line filters, stopcocks for infusion systems and infusion sets designed for blood transfusion.
- Year: 2018
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 01/03/2018
- Pages: 410
- Type: MedSuite
The total US infusion therapy market is growing at a rate of 4.1%, which will take the 2017 market value of $2.1 billion up to $2.78 billion by 2024.
From 2014 to 2017, U.S. hospitals were confronted with shortages in hydration solutions. This has placed constraints on market growth for IV sets and other consumables covered in this report. Over the forecast period, the moderate growth in unit sales will be strengthened by increases in average selling prices (ASP) due to technological innovation. As a result, the IV set market will be growing every year before 2024. The IV set market represented the market with the largest value, due to a high number of IV sets and relatively high ASP of primary dedicated IV sets. The market for infusion pumps is comparable to the IV set market in value. The infusion pump market is highly saturated, and the majority of units sold go towards replacing existing systems.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED IN THE INFUSION THERAPY MARKET REPORT SUITE
While this report suite contains all US infusion therapy market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the infusion therapy market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Infusion Therapy Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all infusion therapy device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Product Portfolio for Infusion Therapy Devices – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this infusion therapy devices suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Infusion Pump Market – MedCore – Segmented into categories based on the type of infusion performed, such as Large Volume, Syringe, Patient Controlled Analgesia, Electronic Ambulatory and Disposable Infusion Pumps.
- Intravenous Sets Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation on Primary IV Sets by both type and setting, IV Extension Sets, Gravity IV Sets, Secondary IV Sets, DEHP IV Sets and Non-DEHP IV Sets.
- Needleless Connectors Market – MedCore – Segmented by Valve Type (Split Septum & Blunt Cannula NLC, Mechanical Valve), Device Type (Standalone NLC, Integrated NLC), and Setting (Acute Care, Alternate Care).
- Intravenous Filters Market – MedCore – In-line filters help stop physical particles, air, bacteria and harmful emergent chemical components from entering the blood stream of a patient
- IV Line Stopcocks Market – MedCore – Stopcocks are valves which turn the flow of certain parts of the IV line on and off, allowing for simultaneous medication flow and mixing before entering the catheter and for managing the sequence of medication administration.
- Blood Transfusion Sets Market – MedCore – Blood collection IV sets are short, connected to an IV bag and equipped with a thick intravenous needle for use in blood transfusion procedures.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
INFUSION THERAPY MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Infusion Therapy Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
INFUSION THERAPY DEVICE COMPANIES ANALYZED
Of the many companies in the US infusion therapy market, Becton Dickinson is the leading competitor, followed by ICU Medical/Hospira and Baxter. Becton Dickinson’s lead can be attributed to their acquisition of CareFusion in 2015. CareFusion has been and continues to be a market leader in IV therapy medical devices with the largest market share. Becton Dickinson has also benefited from several product recalls in the infusion pump market in addition to several other strategic acquisitions of companies with complementary product lines. Becton Dickinson is expected to gain market share over the forecast period.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include significant market shares from B. Braun, Smiths Medical, Halyard, Fresenius, Codan USA, Rymed, GVS Group, Pall Corporation, Medtronic, Nexus Medical, Merck Millipore, Elcam, Vygore, ITW Filtertrek, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.