Ventilator Market Size, Share & COVID19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Ventilator Type (Acute Care, Sub-Acute Care, Home Care, Neonatal & Non-Invasive)
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Published Date: 22/06/2021
- Type: MedCore
The global ventilator market size was heavily affected by a surge in demand caused by the pandemic in 2020. As a result, this market experienced a 64.5% increase from the previous year, reaching $2.4 billion in 2020. After a decrease in value in 2021, demand is expected to normalize for the next few years, and the total market value will reach $1.7 billion in 2027.
The majority of the global ventilator market share was controlled by Philips Healthcare, Getinge, and Dräger Medical.
A ventilator’s purpose is to pump air into the lungs with a specified pressure and volume level to induce machine-dependent breathing. Ventilators can be categorized by the device’s level of sophistication and location of use. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes acute care ventilators, sub-acute care ventilators, home care ventilators, neonatal ventilators, and non-invasive ventilators.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Ventilator Market Insights
The largest segment within the overall ventilator market was the acute care ventilators followed by the sub-acute care ventilators. COVID-19 caused a surge in the overall ventilator market due to the large volume of patients requiring respiratory support. However, due to the abnormally high sales numbers and the influx of ventilators, the market is expected to decrease significantly in 2021 and again in 2022.
MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The global ventilator market was controlled by Philips Healthcare, Getinge, and Dräger Medical.
Philips Healthcare was the leading competitor in the ventilator market in 2020, with a presence across almost every market segment. It is expected that Philips Healthcare will maintain solid leadership in the non-invasive ventilator market, due to the company’s aggressive research and development and lasting brand recognition.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.