The global ventilator market size was heavily affected by a surge in demand caused by the pandemic in 2020. As a result, this market experienced a 64.5% increase from the previous year, reaching $2.4 billion in 2020. After a decrease in value in 2021, demand is expected to normalize for the next few years, and the total market value will reach $1.7 billion in 2027.
The majority of the global ventilator market share was controlled by Philips Healthcare, Getinge, and Dräger Medical.
A ventilator’s purpose is to pump air into the lungs with a specified pressure and volume level to induce machine-dependent breathing. Ventilators can be categorized by the device’s level of sophistication and location of use. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes acute care ventilators, sub-acute care ventilators, home care ventilators, neonatal ventilators, and non-invasive ventilators.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Ventilator Market Insights
The largest segment within the overall ventilator market was the acute care ventilators followed by the sub-acute care ventilators. COVID-19 caused a surge in the overall ventilator market due to the large volume of patients requiring respiratory support. However, due to the abnormally high sales numbers and the influx of ventilators, the market is expected to decrease significantly in 2021 and again in 2022.
MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The global ventilator market was controlled by Philips Healthcare, Getinge, and Dräger Medical.
Philips Healthcare was the leading competitor in the ventilator market in 2020, with a presence across almost every market segment. It is expected that Philips Healthcare will maintain solid leadership in the non-invasive ventilator market, due to the company’s aggressive research and development and lasting brand recognition.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)