Cardiac Surgery Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Europe | 2018-2024 | MedSuite (Includes 18 Reports)
The full report suite on the European market for cardiac surgery devices includes tissue heart valves, mechanical heart valves, annuloplasty repair devices, transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) devices, transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) devices, devices used to perform on and off-pump coronary artery bypass procedures, endoscopic vessel harvesting (EVH) devices, anastomosis assist devices (AADs), ventricular assist devices (VADs), intra-aortic balloon pumps (IABPs), artificial heart devices, patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure devices, atrial septal defect (ASD) closure devices and ventricular septal defect (VSD) closure devices. Analysis of the European market for transmyocardial revascularization devices is included as an appendix to this report.
- Year: 2018
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: Europe
- Published Date: 06/03/2018
- Pages: 821
- Type: MedSuite
The rising adoption of minimally invasive heart valve therapies, such as TMVR and TAVI, has driven substantial growth in the total European cardiac surgery market. As of 2017, TAVI remained the largest revenue generator among transcatheter heart valve therapies. Growth in this market will be driven by the large potential patient population, improved diagnostic capabilities, new product launches, positive clinical results and favorable reimbursement conditions. The transcatheter mitral valve repair market, though smaller than TAVI, is also expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period, benefitting from many of the same drivers as TAVI. The total European market for cardiac surgery devices is growing at a rate of X%, which will take the 2017 market value of approximately $X up to almost $X by 2024.
The total market value includes a number of segments such as tissue heart valves, mechanical heart valves, annuloplasty repair devices, transcatheter mitral valve repair devices, transcatheter aortic valve implantation devices, on- pump coronary artery bypass devices, off-pump coronary artery bypass devices, endoscopic vessel harvesting devices, anastomosis assist devices, ventricular assist devices, intra-aortic balloon pump devices, artificial heart devices, patent foramen ovale closure devices, and transmyocardial revascularization devices.
While this report suite contains all European cardiac surgery device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the cardiac surgery devices market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Cardiac Surgery Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all cardiac surgery markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total European market.
- Procedure Volumes for Cardiac Surgery Devices – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of cardiac surgery procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Cardiac Surgery – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this cardiac surgery suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Tissue Heart Valve Market– MedCore –There are two types of non-percutaneous artificial heart valves: tissue and mechanical. Tissue heart valves are generally preferred over mechanical valves, due to their higher levels of biocompatibility.
- Mechanical Heart Valve Market – MedCore – Mechanical heart valves are prosthetic devices designed to replicate the function of the natural valves of the human heart.
- Annuloplasty Repair Device Market – MedCore –Annuloplasty involves resizing heart valves, while a valvuloplasty procedure involves repairing heart valve leaflets, which have calcium deposits or extra tissue on the leaflets.
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Device Market – MedCore – Transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) involves the use of a clip to prevent MR by securing the flaps of the mitral valve.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Device Market– MedCore –The primary method for treating aortic heart valve conditions is through the use of open surgery to place a replacement valve.
- On-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Device Market – MedCore –This type of procedure is termed on-pump coronary artery bypass (ONCAB) because the procedure requires the usage of a cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB).
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Device Market – MedCore –Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB), or simply beating-heart coronary artery bypass grafting, utilizes a median sternotomy to access the heart.
- Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting Device Market – MedCore –In an EVH procedure, the EVH device is inserted into the patient via an incision approximately one inch long either in the patient’s leg, arm or chest, depending on the vessel being procured.
- Anastomosis Assist Device Market – MedCore – Anastomosis assist devices (AADs) are used for joining two blood vessels, usually to restore continuity after resection, or to bypass an unresectable disease process.
- Ventricular Assist Device Market – MedCore –Ventricular assist devices (VADs) are used to aid a failing heart by supplementing the pumping function of the heart.
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Device Market – MedCore –An intra-aortic balloon pump system is used for the treatment of high-risk cardiac conditions resulting from ischemic heart disease and heart failure.
- Artificial Heart Device Market – MedCore –Artificial heart devices can be temporary or permanent mechanical devices that are designed to replace the function of a biological heart.
- Patent Foramen Oval Closure Device Market – MedCore –A patent foramen ovale (PFO) is a defect in the septum between the two atrial chambers of the heart.
- Atrial and Ventricular Septal Defect Closure Device Market – MedCore –Atrial septal defect (ASD) and ventricular septal defect (VSD) are both conditions that involve incorrect blood flow within the heart.
- Transmyocardial Revascularization Device Market – MedCore –Transmyocardial revascularization (TMR) uses lasers to produce transmural channels in the heart muscle.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.