Arthroscopy Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2019-2025 | MedSuite (Includes 11 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: United States
- Pages: 601
- Published Date: 6/1/2017
- Type: MedSuite
The total US market for arthroscopic devices is growing at a rate of 5.4%, which will take the 2016 market value of $1.3 billion up to $1.9 billion by 2023.
The expiration of ArthroCare’s COBLATION® patents has enabled Arthrex and ConMed Linvatec to launch new bipolar probes, causing substantial disruption in the high-value RF probe market. Arthrex and ConMed Linvatec are expected to transition existing accounts from monopolar technology to their new bipolar RF probes in the coming years. Bipolar RF probes command a premium-price over monopolar probes. The transition to premium-priced bipolar RF probes will apply upward pressure to the value of the total RF probe market. Increased competition in the bipolar RF probe segment is expected to drive modest price erosion, limiting growth. Erosion will be more pronounced among less sophisticated bipolar probes, while bipolar probes featuring more advanced technology will maintain prices.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED IN THE ARTHROSCOPIC DEVICES MARKET REPORT SUITE
While this report suite contains all US arthroscopic device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the arthroscopic devices market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Arthroscopic Devices Market Overview for US 2017 – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all arthroscopic device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Procedure Volumes for Arthroscopic Devices for US 2017 – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of arthroscopic procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Arthroscopic Devices for US 2017 – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this arthroscopic devices suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Arthroscope Market for US 2017 – MedCore – Covers segmentation into the Large Joint, Small Joint, and Hip Joint Arthroscope Markets.
- Disposable Cannula Market for US 2017 – MedCore – Disposable cannulas are used in many arthroscopic procedures to aid in keeping the site of incision open and accessible.
- Arthroscopic Hand Instrument Market for US 2017 – MedCore – Hand instruments are mostly non-disposable, unpowered, metallic instruments that are used as hand tools for surgery. These include, but are not limited to, graspers, knives, probes, punches, scissors, scissor punches, dissectors and shears.
- Fluid Management Disposables Market for US 2017 – MedCore – This market includes segmentation on Pump Management Disposables and Gravity Management Disposables.
- Shaver Blade Market for US 2017 – MedCore – Segmented further into Disposable and Reprocessed Shaver Blades.
- Radiofrequency Probe Market for US 2017- MedCore – This report segments radiofrequency probes by type (Bipolar, Monopolar) and function (Ablation, Shrinkage).
- Drill Guide System and Disposables Market for US 2017- MedCore – Drill guides are used for properly aligning the drill bit for the precise creation of tunnels and holes in bony surfaces.
- Suture Passer Market for US 2017- MedCore – Segmented into Reusable-Disposable Needle-Based, Reusable-Penetrating, and Disposable-Retrieving Suture Passer Markets.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
ARTHROSCOPIC DEVICES MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Arthroscopic Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Arthroscopic Devices Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
ARTHROSCOPIC DEVICE COMPANIES ANALYZED
Of the many companies in the arthroscopic device market, Smith & Nephew is the leading competitor, followed by Arthrex and Stryker. Smith & Nephew was present in all segments, but had the strongest showing in the high-value RF probe segment. Their leading position in the bipolar RF probe market was established when it completed the acquisition of ArthroCare for an estimated $1.5 billion. Prior to the acquisition, ArthroCare was the leading competitor in the bipolar RF probe segment, capturing over 50% of the segment in 2013.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include significant market shares from ConMed Linvatec, DePuy Mitek, Karl Storz, Zimmer Biomet, Richard Wolf, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.