The U.S ACL/PCL reconstruction device market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $360 million by 2026. The knee is the most susceptible joint to pressure and injury in the human body, as its bending capacity is a result of complex interactions of rotational and extensional movements. The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments (ACL/PCL) connect the bones that form the knee, stabilizing joint movements and preventing the femur from sliding against the tibia and vice versa.
The majority of the U.S ACL/PCL reconstruction device market share was controlled by Arthrex, MTF Biologics, and Smith & Nephew. The total ACL/PCL reconstruction market includes allograft products and fixation devices. Allografts are further segmented into BTB, non-sutured soft tissue, and pre-sutured tendon allografts. The fixation device market is divided into the interference screw, cortical fixation, intratunnel fixation, washer and post and cross-pin device segments.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Market Analysis and Forecasts until 2026, Utilizing Historical Data from 2016 (10-year span)
- Market Drivers and Limiters
- Competitive Market Share Analysis
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
ACL/PCL reconstruction MARKET INSIGHTS
The most common ACL/PCL procedure involves one graft product and two fixation devices for the tibial and femoral side, respectively. Graft options are primarily focused on autograft and allograft products. Both autograft and allograft options are recognized as a standard approach for ACL/PCL procedures. The combined ACL/PCL reconstruction market includes the revenue from the fixation devices and the revenue from allograft products only. The autograft approach is considered in terms of total ACL/PCL procedures and as a related portion of the fixation devices. Procedures performed with allografts represent around 30% of the total number of ACL/PCL reconstructions, while autografts are used in the remaining 70%.
ACL/PCL reconstruction MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Arthrex, MTF Biologics, and Smith & Nephew controlled the U.S ACL/PCL reconstruction device market share. Arthrex dominated the total fixation market and was the fourth-leading competitor in the allograft market, due to the company’s dominance in the emerging pre-sutured allograft tendon market. The companies strong presence in the ACL/PCL fixation device market was due to its leading positions in the interference screw segment, with the BioComposite™ device.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered researched the U.S. in great detail. The region covered is:
- North America (the United States)