This market analysis includes the ventricular assist device (VAD) and the intra-aortic balloon pump device (IABP) markets. The global ventricular assist device (VAD) market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $3 billion by 2027. The global intra-aortic balloon pump device (IABP) market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $240.8 million by 2027.
Abiomed, Abbott, and Medtronic were the share leaders in the global ventricular assist device (VAD) market. This global analysis covers over 70 countries, includes in-depth procedure numbers by country, and is segmented into the Percutaneous VAD Market and the Implantable VAD Market. The method for VAD replacement is highly invasive, usually requiring open-heart surgery via a median sternotomy. This will continue to play a limiting role in the widespread adoption and growth of the market.
Getinge and Teleflex were the share leaders in the global intra-aortic balloon pump catheter (IABP) market. This global analysis covers over 70 countries, and in-depth procedure numbers, and is segmented into the IABP Catheter Market and the IABP Console Market. A major limiter to growth in the IABP market is the competition with other product classes.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Procedure Numbers
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Procedure numbers for both the global ventricular assist device (VAD) market and the global intra-aortic balloon pump catheter (IABP) market are included. VAD procedures are further broken down into percutaneous VAD and implantable VAD procedures. Within this report, the procedure numbers are segmented by country and include an in-depth analysis utilizing historical data from 2017 and market forecasts into 2027.
Ventricular Assist Device Market Insights
The global market for VADs is divided into two segments: Percutaneous VAD Market and the Implantable VAD Market. The pVAD market includes devices used in the left and right hearts. Percutaneous VADs (pVADs) are a specific type of VAD with different designs and use from implantable VADs. The implantable VAD market comprises implantable VADs and extracorporeal BiVADs.The pVAD segment is growing much more rapidly than the implantable VAD segment and is expected to increase its share of the total VAD market by the end of the forecast period.
Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Catheter Market Insights
Growth in the disposable IABP devices market will be driven by the increasing penetration rate of fiber-optic IABP catheters. Fiber-optic IABP catheters use more advanced technology than conventional IABP catheters and command a higher ASP. The increasing popularity of PCI procedures will make a positive contribution to IABP catheter unit sales. Similarly, PCI procedures and replacement sales will drive growth. Overall, IABP catheter ASPs will offset the decline in unit sales over the forecast period.
MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The global Intra-Aortic Balloon and Ventricular Assist markets are controlled by Abiomed, Abbott, Medtronic, Getinge, and Teleflex. Getinge was the leading competitor in the IABP device market in 2020. Getinge offers multiple IABP consoles, including the CARDIOSAVE® IABP Hybrid, CARDIOSAVE® IABP Rescue, CS100™ IABP with Intellisence™, and CS300™ IABP. Abiomed was the market leader in the global VAD market in 2020. Abiomed specializes in pVADs with its line of Impella™ products.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)