Dental Implant Fixtures and Final Abutments Market Report Suite for US | 2017-2023 | MedSuite(Includes Dental Implant Fixtures, Final Abutments, Instrument Kits, Treatment Planning Software, Surgical Guides)
The full report suite on the U.S. market for dental implant fixtures and final abutments includes dental implant fixtures, final abutments, dental implant instrument kits, treatment planning software and surgical guides. Until recently, conventional dental training did not include dental implant training as part of the curriculum. Implantology is increasingly being implemented into the dental education of general practitioners, driving growth of each segment of the dental implant market. As the population of GPs placing implants grows, there will be an overall increase in the number of dental implant procedures, which translates into more equipment purchases.
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 4/1/2017
- Pages: 443
- Type: MedSuite
Major Segments Covered in the Dental Implants Market Report Suite
Overall, the U.S. dental implant fixtures and final abutments market was valued at under $1.5 billion in 2016. This is expected to increase at a CAGR of 5.6% to reach just over $2.1 billion by 2023.
The full report suite on the U.S. market for dental implant fixtures and final abutments includes dental implant fixtures, final abutments, dental implant instrument kits, treatment planning software and surgical guides.
While this report suite contains all US dental implants device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the dental implant market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Dental Implant Fixtures and Final Abutments Market Overview for US 2017 – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all dental implant device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Dental Implant Fixtures Market for US 2017 – MedCore – The dental implant fixture market is segmented into premium, value, discount and mini implant products. These categories are often characterized by quality and pricing and are more easily viewed as a spectrum from discount to premium.
- Final Abutment Market for US 2017 – MedCore – Abutments are offered in a variety of material types ranging including titanium, steel, ceramic, zirconia and even gold. The abutment market is segmented in terms of its production method. Abutments are predominantly pre-made and offered as a ‘stock’ abutment. Stock abutments represent the traditional abutment product and are popular because they are relatively inexpensive and efficient.
- Dental Implant Instrument Kit Market for US 2017 – MedCore – Dental implant procedures involve the use of a variety of instruments, which are available in kits that contain all the instruments needed to place a particular brand of implant. These kits are sold by the same companies that manufacture dental implants and are specific to a particular brand of implant.
- Treatment Planning Software Market for US 2017 – MedCore – The overall treatment planning software market value includes software purchases and maintenance fees associated with pre-existing installations.
- Surgical Guide Market for US 2017 – MedCore – Surgical guides have emerged along with treatment planning software and are becoming increasingly common. Surgical guides are designed via 3D imaging of the patient’s dental anatomy and allow for dentists to plan the ideal implant placement and angulation.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Dental Implants Market Trends
An ongoing trend within the dental implant industry is the improvement of available technologies. The high growth rate of the dental implant industry has spurred the development and acceptance of technologies that facilitate dental implant placement and restoration. In turn, these technological advancements will further drive dental implant replacement rates. Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scanners, which are modified versions of traditional CT scanners for dental applications, assist in designing accurate 3D models of a patient’s jaw. With a 3D model, imaging software can be used to diagnose the bone density and structure of the patient’s jaw, providing dentists with greater insight. The rapidly dropping prices of CBCT scanners are making them more affordable, allowing more dentists to incorporate this technology into their practices, including GPs. Likewise, advancements in computer automated prosthetic manufacturing devices (i.e. CAD/CAM systems and rapid prototyping devices) are capable of fabricating increasingly accurate surgical guides. Additionally, technological advancements incorporated into each individual software suite are set to drive sales, especially software that falls under premium brands. As dentists become more knowledgeable of the various capabilities offered by each software suite, the advancements demonstrated in each will make the products more appealing, thereby providing incentive to purchase specific software.
Dental Implants Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Dental Implant Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Dental Implant Companies Analyzed
The dental implant fixtures and final abutments market in the U.S. is largely controlled by three main companies: Nobel Biocare, Straumann and Dentsply Sirona. In addition to their current dominance in the market, they are also very active with ongoing acquisitions to further secure their leading positions.
The leading competitors have also been able to maintain their ranking through a history of brand loyalty. The dental market is dominated by specialists such as periodontists and oral surgeons, who generally prefer premium brands. As a consequence, the premium companies are expected to maintain their dominance in upcoming years.
As discount and value brands continue to emerge on the market, premium leaders are expected to continually lose market share. However, the market leaders have engaged in price cutting and bundling of large-scale purchases to remain competitive.
History of Our Dental Implants Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We specialize in it, and the dental implant market was one of our original reports that helped build trust in our research and methodology. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the dental implant market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research – that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top dental implant companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our dental implants market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.