Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Device Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global transcatheter mitral valve repair device (TMVr) market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $2.2 billion by 2027.
Abbott, Edwards Lifesciences, and Cardiac Dimensions were the share leaders in the global transcatheter mitral valve repair device (TMVr) market. This global analysis covers over 70 countries and includes in-depth procedure numbers by country.
The transcatheter mitral valve repair market is limited due to the complexity of the procedure. Surgeons are required to undergo additional training to be able to perform these. However, there is a large population of people suffering from mitral valve disorders and, as a result, there is a large market for transcatheter mitral valve repair devices.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overview
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Device Market Insights
The MitraClip™ was the first TMVr device approved for use by the FDA and remains the only device with commercial approval in the United States. Currently, the use of the MitraClip™ is limited due to a small subset of surgeons being able to effectively perform this procedure. Unit sales within this market are contingent on the expansion of the indication for use of the MitraClip™. Moving forwards, growth in unit sales is expected to remain strong, outside of COVID-19 related fluctuations, but decrease in magnitude as the market matures.
MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Abbott, Edwards Lifesciences, and Cardiac Dimensions controlled the global transcatheter mitral valve repair device share. Abbott is expected to retain its market-leading position over the forecast period despite increasing competition from new market entrants, as physicians are already comfortable performing the MitraClip® procedure, and reimbursement for MitraClip® is more favorable than for alternative devices.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.