Laparoscopic Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 15 Reports)
The full report suite on the U.S. market for laparoscopic devices includes laparoscopes, access devices, hand instruments, insufflation devices, suction-irrigation devices, direct energy devices, ultrasonic energy devices, hand-assisted devices, closure devices, gastric bands, powered morcellators, and female sterilization devices.
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 8/1/2017
- Pages: 416
- Type: MedSuite
The total US market for laparoscopic devices is growing at a rate of 2%, which will take the 2016 market value of $4.4 billion up to $5.1 billion by 2023.
Growth in laparoscopic device market segments is expected to exceed procedure number growth rates due to the continuing development of higher-priced multifunctional devices. The Direct Energy, Ultrasonic, and Closure Device segments will all benefit substantially from this trend. The Closure Device market is currently experiencing the highest growth with a keen interest in tackers and automated stapling. The vessel sealing market is also bolstering electrocautery sales and market value.
Major Segments Covered in the Laparoscopic Devices Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all US laparoscopic device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the laparoscopic devices market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Laparoscopic Devices Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all laparoscopic device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Procedure Volumes for Laparoscopic Devices – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of laparoscopic procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Laparoscopic Devices – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this laparoscopic devices suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Laparoscope Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation into the Rod Lens Laparoscope Market (Diagnostic Rod Lens Laparoscopes and Operating Rod Lens Laparoscopes).
- Access Device Market – MedCore – Segmented into 2 main markets, Trocar Market and Single Port Access Devices
- Laparoscopic Hand Instrument Market – MedCore – Segmented into Reusable, Disposable, Reposable, and Articulating Hand Instrument Markets.
- Insufflation Device Market – MedCore – This market includes segmentation on Insufflator Tubing and Veress Needle Markets.
- Suction-Irrigation Device Market – MedCore – Segmented further into Disposable Kit, Reusable Tip, and Suction-Irrigation Pump Markets.
- Direct Energy Device Market – MedCore – This report is segmented into Monopolar Direct Energy Devices, Bipolar Direct Energy Devices and Electrosurgical Generators.
- Ultrasonic Device Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation into the Ultrasonic Instrument Device Market and Ultrasonic Generator Device Market
- Hand-Assisted Device Market – MedCore – Hand-assisted devices are used mainly during hand-assisted laparoscopic surgery (HALS) to allow the surgeon to use his or her non-dominant hand in conjunction with standard laparoscopic instruments held in the dominant hand.
- Closure Device Market – MedCore – This report considers closure devices including Staplers, Endosuturing Devices, and Clip Appliers.
- Gastric Band Market – MedCore – This report is split into two main segments, the Gastric Band Device Market and the Gastric Balloon Market.
- Powered Morcellator Market – MedCore – Includes segmentation on Disposable Powered Morcellators as well as Reposable and Reusable Powered Morcellators.
- Female Sterilization Device Market – MedCore – This market report is further segmented into Transcervical Implant and Mechanical Sterilization Device Markets
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Laparoscopic Devices Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Laparoscopic Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Laparoscopic Devices Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Laparoscopic Device Companies Analyzed
Of the many companies in the laparoscopic device market, Medtronic is the leading competitor, with Ethicon behind in second place. Together, the two companies account for over half of the total market share. Medtronic’s lead can be attributed to the largely successful sales of their LigaSure™ devices which allowed the company to gain a commanding position in the direct energy device segment.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include market shares from Olympus, Applied Medical, Stryker, Karl Storz, ConMed, Richard Wolf, Bayer, B. Braun Aesculap, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.