Overall, the global breast reconstruction market was valued at $1.2 billion in 2021. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 5.9% to reach $1.9 billion by 2028.
The full report suite on the global market for breast reconstruction includes the allograft, xenograft and synthetic breast reconstruction markets.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Procedure Numbers
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2028, and Historical Data to 2018
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
The number of breast reconstruction procedures performed is highly correlated with the number of mastectomies performed. The increasing population and incidence of breast cancer will drive growth in breast reconstruction procedures.
GLOBAL BREAST RECONSTRUCTION MARKET TRENDS
In 2020, 2.3 million women were diagnosed with breast cancer globally. As of 2020, breast cancer was the most common cancer amongst all cancers. Due to the high incidence of breast cancer, this population increases the likelihood of mastectomies. Since mastectomy is a common decision for women with breast cancer, this will likely drive the demand for reconstructive procedures following mastectomy.
GLOBAL BREAST RECONSTRUCTION MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Overall, within the global breast reconstruction market there are three dominant competitors: AbbVie, MTF Biologics, and Stryker.
AbbVie was the leading competitor in the breast reconstruction market in 2021. This was due to its historical dominance in the breast reconstruction market and the popularity of AlloDerm® in North America.
GLOBAL BREAST RECONSTRUCTION SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
- Allograft Breast Reconstruction Market
- Xenograft Breast Reconstruction Market
- Synthetic Breast Reconstruction Market
Research Scope Summary
|Regions||North America (Canada, United States)
Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela)
Western Europe (Austria, Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland, U.K.)
Central & Eastern Europe (Baltic States, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Middle East (Bahrain, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
Asia Pacific (Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam)
Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Uganda)
|Quantitative Data||Market Size, Market Share, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, Average Selling Prices|
|Qualitative Data||COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data.
Read more about iData’s 9-Step Research Methodology
WHY CHOOSE iDATA?
- Experts Only – iData has been around for over 17 years and is the trusted source of intelligence, and data-driven insights for key industry players. We are made up of specialists with a sole focus on medical devices, dental devices and pharmaceuticals. Our research and consulting field of endeavour never strays from the medical device industry and, because of this, we are the number one choice for leading companies in this field.
- Global Coverage – iData’s unique methodology, and its expansion to over 70 countries world-wide, has made it one of the most viable sources of intelligence for global companies along with those who plan to expand their portfolio beyond the confines of their own country. Providing procedural data at the country level is another testimony to the trusted global coverage we provide.
- Attention to Detail – It’s our attention to small details, scheduling of timelines, and keen project management that makes us stand out from the rest. We are creative, and our reports include metrics such as procedure numbers, ASPs, and SKU-level insights that are not found elsewhere.
- Pricing – When comparing like-with-like, iData’s prices are not only extremely competitive but also the most cost-effective. We strive for success and want the same for our clients. With the level of detail incorporated into each report alongside the extensive segmentation provided, no other report compares at our price point.