Digital Dentistry Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2018-2024 | MedSuite (Includes 4 Reports)
The digital dentistry market includes the markets for each of CAD/CAM systems, CAD/CAM materials and rapid prototyping systems. The CAD/CAM software market is analyzed separately in an appendix chapter. This appendix only analyzes revenue from new unit sales, without considering revenue from maintenance and upgrades.
- Year: 2018
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 12/1/2017
- Pages: 192
- Type: MedSuite
The total US digital dentistry market is growing at a rate of 5.6%, which will take the 2017 market value of approximately $647 million up to almost $946 million by 2024.
An ongoing trend within the digital dentistry market is the growth of rapid prototyping systems, which is occurring at the expense of other segments within the market. When rapid prototyping systems initially emerged in the dental industry, they experienced significant growth. However, as with most new technologies, growth has slowed and is expected to remain flat over the next few years as new materials and systems await the appropriate FDA and American Dental Association (ADA) approvals. As 3D printers become readily available on the market, their corresponding share is expected to grow towards the end of the forecast period. Growth of rapid prototyping systems will subsequently limit growth of the other digital dentistry markets as more users shift towards the 3D environment.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED IN THE DIGITAL DENTISTRY MARKET REPORT SUITE
While this report suite contains all US digital dentistry device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the digital dentistry devices market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Digital Dentistry Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all digital dentistry markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Product Portfolio for Digital Dentistry – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this digital dentistry suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- CAD/CAM Systems Market – MedCore – This report is further segmented into Standalone, Chairside, and Interoral CAD/CAM Scanner markets.
- CAD/CAM Materials Market – MedCore – Covers two main markets: CAD/CAM Blocks and CAD/CAM Discs.
- Rapid Prototyping Market – MedCore – CAD/CAM mills produce prosthetic units by milling down a solid piece of ceramic material, whereas rapid prototyping systems, or 3D printers, build a model up layer by layer in an additive process.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
DIGITAL DENTISTRY MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Digital Dentistry Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
DIGITAL DENTISTRY COMPANIES ANALYZED
Dentsply Sirona was the clear leader of the U.S. digital dentistry market in 2017, followed by Sagemax and Glidewell Laboratories. Dentsply Sirona was formed through the merger of DENTSPLY International and Sirona Dental Systems in February 2016, combining the market leadership in dental consumables of the former with the technological innovation of the latter. They are involved with both the CAD/CAM system and CAD/CAM material markets. The company’s involvement with the chairside CAD/CAM system market enabled it to rank as the leading competitor in the total CAD/CAM system market. Dentsply Sirona’s dominance in the large chairside system segment was achieved through sales of its CEREC® chairside CAD/CAM system.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include significant market shares from Ivoclar Vivadent, Digital Dental, E4D Technologies, 3Shape, 3M ESPE, VITA North America, Align Technology, Stratasys, 3D Systems, Shofu Dental, Straumann, Nobel Biocare, Carestream Dental, EnvisionTEC, B&D Technologies, Condor Scan, Roland DGA, Formlabs, and Others.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.