In 2020, Mexico’s digital dentistry market size was valued at $31.2 million. Despite COVID-19, the market size is expected to increase over the forecast period and reach $58.9 million at a CAGR of 9.5% by 2027.
Currently, the majority of the CAD/CAM device market share is controlled by Dentsply Sirona, Ivoclar Vivadent, and Amann Girrbach. Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed over 25 digital dentistry companies in Mexico and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, average selling prices, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts.
One major trend in Mexico’s market for digital dentistry is the shift towards aesthetics. The desire for increased aesthetics has driven the Mexican dental prosthetic market in the past, and it will continue to do so over the forecast period. The rise in ceramics, such as zirconia and lithium disilicate, demonstrates this aesthetic trend. With more patients being conscious of their dental health and smiles, the CAD/CAM industry is poised to rise in Mexico as they operate primarily with these materials. Similarly, market growth will be driven by the growing aging population in Mexico.
HOW HAS COVID19 IMPACTED THE DIGITAL DENTISTRY MARKET IN MEXICO?
In 2020, Mexico’s digital dentistry market declined by 21.7% when compared to 2019 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this market is expected to recover and exceed the pre-COVID levels by the end of 2022.
The digital dentistry market was negatively impacted by COVID-19, as patient volumes, and dental spending was decreased. Reduced cash flow in dental offices along with decreased demand for dental prosthetics impacted the capital equipment and materials markets. Overall, the effects of the pandemic on the digital dentistry market are expected to vary by market segment.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
- CAD/CAM Device Market – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- Product Type: Milling system, Laboratory Scanner, Chairside, Intraoral;
- CAD/CAM Material Market – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- CAD/CAM Block
- Material Type: Zirconia, Lithium Discillicate, Other Ceramic;
- CAD/CAM Disc – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- Material Type: Zirconia, Metal, Other Ceramic
- CAD/CAM Block
WHO ARE THE TOP DIGITAL DENTISTRY COMPANIES IN MEXICO?
The CAD/CAM device market leaders are Dentsply Sirona, Ivoclar Vivadent, and Amann Girrbach. Dentsply Sirona offers a variety of CAD/CAM devices, from milling systems, laboratory scanners, intraoral scanners, and chairside systems, the latter of which it dominates, in terms of market share. The company supplements this by offering a wealth of premium CAD/CAM materials that are trusted by dentists.
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- COVID-19 Impact on the Digital Dentistry market
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Research Scope Summary
|Latin America (Mexico)
|Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.
|COVID19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, FDA Recalls, Disruptive Technologies, Disease Overviews.
|Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.