Diabetes Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Europe | 2019-2025 | MedSuite
- Year: 2019
- Scope: 2015-2025
- Region: Europe
- Pages: 449
- Published Date: 07/02/2019
- Type: MedSuite
In 2018, the fastest-growing segment in the diabetes care market was the FGM market, which increased significantly in value. Abbott received CE Mark approval for FreeStyle® Libre in September 2014 and for FreeStyle® 2 in October 2018. The company also launched FGM in the U.S. market in late 2017 and has expanded to numerous international markets. In the pipeline, Abbott is seeking to launch an update to its FGM platform, extending usage life and implanting other features, such as integration with insulin pumps. FGM is described as a hybrid between blood glucose meters and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM), because it measures interstitial fluid glucose levels through a sensor, but patients must perform manual “scans” by placing a device up to the sensor to view a reading. FGM also eliminates the need for fingersticking, which is a common patient complaint about other glucose monitoring devices. The product was met with outstanding demand when it was first launched, resulting in product shortages in early 2015. Production capability issues have since then been resolved and unit sales have resumed at a growing rate. It is expected that growth will decelerate once a sizable installed base has been established in the European market.
Pricing pressure and price erosion are common occurrences across Europe, as new competitors enter the blood glucose monitoring market and pen needle market with low-price strategies and products. The presence of these new competitors puts downward pressure on the average selling price and has caused traditional market leaders to introduce low-priced products of their own, in order to counteract the increased competition in the segment. Tender negotiations and budgetary pressures on national healthcare expenditure also contribute to the decline in prices and have resulted in market value contractions in certain regions. It is expected that the trend of pricing pressure will continue throughout the forecast period, limiting the value of the blood glucose monitoring market and the pen needle market, respectively.
While this report suite contains all European diabetes market data, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the diabetes market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Traditional Blood Glucose Monitoring – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Traditional Blood Glucose Monitoring market. The chapter segments the market into Blood Glucose Meters, Blood Glucose Test Strips and Lancet and Lancing Devices.
- Blood Glucose Meters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Blood Glucose Meters market. Chapter includes drivers and limiters affecting the market, the top companies dominating the market, and an analysis of the growth that is occurring in the market.
- Blood Glucose Test Strips – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Blood Glucose Test Strips market. Chapter includes drivers and limiters affecting the market, ASP projections, the top companies dominating the market, and an analysis of the growth that is occurring in the market.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Continuous Glucose Monitoring market. Included in the chapter is the CGM Device market and the CGM Sensor market.
- Flash Glucose Monitoring – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Flash Glucose Monitoring market. The chapter segments the market further into the FGM Device market and the FGM Sensor market.
- Modern Insulin – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Modern Insulin market. The report breaks down the market further into Long-Acting Insulin makret, Rapid-Acting Insulin market and Premixed Insulin market.
- Insulin Pens – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Insulin Pens market. The Insulin Pens market is broken down to Prefilled Pens, Pen Cartridges, Pen Needles and Saftey Pen Needle markets.
- Insulin Syringes – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Insulin Syringes market. Chapter includes drivers and limiters affecting the market, ASP projections, the top companies dominating the market, and an analysis of the growth that is occurring in the market.
- Insulin Pumps – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Insulin Pumps market. The market includes the Traditional Insulin Pump market and the Patch Insulin Pump market.
Diabetes Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Diabetes Market Share Insights
Novo Nordisk, Sanofi, and Roche are the top leading competitors battling for the leading diabetes market share. Novo Nordisk maintains it’s strong position due to it’s lead in the insulin market as well as the insulin pen needle market.
Sanofi is not far behind Novo Nordisk in terms of overall share, again due to their ability to capture a significant portion of the insulin market.
Other leading competitors in this market include Eli Lilly, LifeScan, Abbott, Medtronic, Ascensia, Becton Dickinson, Menarini, Insulet, Dexcom and many others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.