Dental Prosthetics Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2018-2024 | MedSuite (Includes 8 Reports)e
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: United States
- Pages: 287
- Published Date: 11/03/2017
- Type: MedSuite
The total US dental prosthetics market is growing at a rate of 1.4%, which will take the 2017 market value of $10.3 billion up to almost $11.4 billion by 2024.
The most impactful factor limiting the growth of the U.S. dental prosthetic market is the improvement of oral healthcare, which is lessening demand for dental work. Better dental health will equate to more partially rather than fully edentulous patients. As such, the proportion of partial dentures will grow at the expense of full dentures. Market growth for denture teeth will also slow as partials continue to gain popularity. Relative to full dentures, partial solutions require fewer teeth, averaging around 5.7 on average. As partials continue to grow at the expense of full denture unit sales, the average number of teeth required per denture will fall. Another ongoing trend within the dental prosthetic market would be the increasing movement towards digitization, which is also driving market growth. The digital denture market encompasses both dentures that are produced via 3D printers and those developed from CAD/CAM technology.
Major Segments Covered in the Dental Prosthetics Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all US dental prosthetics market data, each of the market segments are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the dental prosthetics market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Dental Prosthetics Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all dental prosthetics markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Product Portfolio for Dental Prosthetics – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this dental prosthetics suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Crown and Bridge Market – MedCore – The market for crowns and bridges is segmented by material, which includes full cast, ceramic, zirconia, and porcelain fused to metal (PFM).
- Inlay and Onlay Market – MedCore – Inlays and onlays are referred to as partial crowns because they are only used when tooth damage is not severe enough to warrant crown restoration.
- Veneer Market – MedCore – Veneers are very thin shells of restorative material that are made from porcelain or composite resin. They are bonded to the surface of the damaged tooth to repair or improve aesthetics.
- Denture Market – MedCore – Dentures are available as full and partial devices. Full dentures are required when a patient is edentulous whereas partial dentures cater to patients that are missing some, but not all teeth.
- Denture Teeth Market – MedCore – The total denture teeth market is segmented by grade (Premium, Standard, Economy) and material (Acrylic, Porcelain, Composite).
- Dental CAD/CAM Prosthetics Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation on CAD/CAM Crowns and Bridges, Inlays and Overlays, Veneers, and Dentures.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Dental Prosthetics Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Dental Prosthetics Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Dental Prosthetics Companies Analyzed
The total U.S. market for dental prosthetics was dominated by four main competitors: Glidewell Laboratories, National Dentex Corporation, Modern Dental and Dental Services Group. Although the overall market is saturated with laboratories and companies, the top four competitors were able to make strides in the market through ongoing mergers and acquisitions. As these deals expand their pre-existing lab volume, these competitors continue to grow in terms of market share. In addition to mergers and acquisitions, labs across the U.S. continue to consolidate, further facilitating growth of the leading competitors. Many small-scale labs are being absorbed as they lack the financial means to invest in new technology such as CAD/CAM systems. Without these high production systems, smaller facilities struggle to maintain profitability as they are unable to produce a sufficient number of unit sales to cover fixed costs.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include market shares from Affordable Dentures Inc., Aspen Dental, Smile Brands, ClearChoice, DenMat, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.