Overall, the U.S. dental prosthetics market was valued at $10.2 billion in 2023. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 1.7% to reach $11.5 billion. Currently, the US dental prosthetics market is dominated by Glidewell Dental, National Dentex Corporation, and Affordable Dentures.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed over 25 dental prosthetic laboratories and companies and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts. The full report suite on the US market for dental prosthetics includes crowns and bridges, inlays and onlays, veneers, dentures, denture teeth and computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) prosthetics.
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2030, and Historical Data to 2020
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- COVID19 Impact
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
US DENTAL PROSTHETICS MARKET INSIGHTS
In general, dental health in the United States continues to make yearly improvements, serving as the primary restraining element for the expansion of the US dental prosthetics market. As dental health becomes better, a larger portion of the population is able to preserve their natural teeth, resulting in a decrease in the number of individuals with complete tooth loss (edentulous patients). Consequently, the markets for full dentures and dental bridges are impacted negatively, while the more affordable segments of dental prosthetics such as crowns and partial dentures witness growth.
On the contrary, demographic factors are set to bolster the continued expansion of the dental prosthetics market. The segment of the U.S. population aged 65 and above is experiencing the most rapid growth. Given that seniors represent a substantial portion of the customer base for dental prosthetics, this demographic trend is poised to be a driving force behind the market’s ongoing growth.
US DENTAL PROSTHETICS MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The dental prosthetics market in the United States boasts over 5,500 laboratories, characterized by competition from key players like Glidewell Dental, National Dentex Corporation, and Modern Dental, though they collectively hold less than 15% of the market share, which is expected to increase due to ongoing consolidation.
Glidewell Dental, the market leader in 2023, excels in crown, bridge, inlay, onlay, veneer, and denture segments. Not only the largest U.S. lab, they offer a comprehensive chairside dentistry equipment range and zirconia products. Their innovative approach, including the BruxZir® line, fastprint.io™ 3D printing solution, glidewell.io™ in-office system in 2022, and fastprint.io™ intraoral scanner in 2022, is set to impact both dental prosthetics and digital dentistry markets significantly.
National Dentex Corporation, the second-largest contender in 2023, operates across all segments, boasting the largest network of labs among U.S. competitors. They’re expanding by acquiring smaller labs, leveraging competitive pricing and resources. Offering a wide product range, including nSequence, zirconia solutions, ceramic crowns, bridges, implants, and removable prosthetics, their lab consolidation strategy positions them as a market leader.
Affordable Dentures, the third-largest player in the 2023 U.S. dental prosthetics market, focuses primarily on denture products and services. With 400+ practices in 42 states, many featuring on-site labs, they dominate by offering cost-effective prosthetics. Collaborations with dental insurers, clinic expansion, and adoption of technologies like digital impressions and 3D printing have fortified their position, making them a major player in the dental prosthetics market.
Market Segmentation Summary
- Crown & Bridge Market | MedCore – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- Material Type: Full-Cast, Non-Precious PFM, Semi-Precious PFM, Precious PFM, and Ceramic.
- Inlay & Onlay Market | MedCore – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- Material Type: Gold, Zirconia, Other Ceramic, and Composite Resin;
- Technique Type: Direct and Indirect.
- Veneer Market | MedCore – The market is broken down by:
- Material Type: Zirconia, Ceramic/Porcelain, and Composite Resin;
- Type (Procelain/Ceramic): Lithium Discillate, Porcelain.
- Denture Market | MedCore – The research breaks down the market analysis by:
- Denture Type: Full and Partial Dentures;
- Grade: Premium, Economy, and Standard;
- Product Type: Conventional and Immediate Full Dentures;
- Case Type: Single Arch, Full Mouth;
- Fabrication Method: Traditional and Digital Full Dentures;
- Material Type: Cast Metal, Acrylic, and Flexible Partial Dentures.
- Denture Teeth Market | MedCore – The research provides the analysis of the market, segmented by:
- Grade: Premium, Economy, and Standard;
- Material Type: Acrylic, Porcelain/Ceramic, and Composite.
- CAD/CAM Prosthetics Market | MedCore – The research provides the analysis of the market, segmented by:
- Device Type: Crown and Bridge, Inlay and Onlay, Veneer, Denture;
- Setting*: Chairside, In-Lab.
*Indicates a unit analysis only
Global Research Scope Summary
|Regions||North America (United States)|
|Quantitative Coverage||Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.|
|Qualitative Coverage||COVID19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, FDA Recalls, Disruptive Technologies, Disease Overviews.|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.|