Dental Materials Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | MedSuite
- Year: 2020
- Scope: 2016-2026
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 12/03/2019
- Pages: 392
- Type: MedSuite
The American population is increasingly aware of the benefits of better oral health. This trend is resulting in more trips to the dental office for diagnostic and preventative procedures, such as x-rays and cleanings. During these dental office visits, threats to oral health are identified and treated, resulting in a comparatively lower rates of operations to restore severely decayed teeth, such as core build-ups.
The aging generation born between 1944-1964, commonly referred to as the “Baby Boomers”, currently has a population of 76 million and will be a major driver of the dental materials market. The baseline health of this generation has improved over previous generations; however, the dental needs of this population will increase with age. This age group is at an increased risk of caries from gum recession and dry mouth from prescription medication use. In addition, this age group is also at higher risk of secondary coronal caries, as restorations acquired decades ago will begin to fail with time. As such, this age group’s demand for dental care will increase.
Major Segments Covered in the Dental Materials Market Suite
While this report suite contains all dental materials market data, each of the market segments are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the dental market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Market Overview for Dental Materials – MedView – Gives a high-level view of all dental materials markets and trends, and aggregates the trends together.
- Procedure Numbers for Dental Materials – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of dental procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned below.
- Market Report for Temporary Restoratives – MedCore – This market refers to the placement of temporary prosthetics until the permanent crown, bridge or implant is ready to be planted. The market includes composite resin and acrylic as their base material. Composites are biocompatible, aesthetically pleasing and quick to place in the intraoral cavity.
- Market Report for Direct Restoratives – MedCore – This market comprises composite, amalgam and glass ionomer and resin-modified glass ionomer (GI and RMGI) materials used in direct restorations produced by dentists in their clinics.
- Market Report for Dental Impression Materials – MedCore – This market is further segmented in both preliminary and final impressions, specifically alginate, vinyl polysiloxane (VPS) and polyether based materials.
- Market Report for Dental Core Build-Up Materials – MedCore – This market includes composite, glass ionomer and resin-modified glass ionomer (GI and RMGI) materials, core build-up segment as well as a residual segment for other materials used in core procedures.
- Market Report for Dental Cements – MedCore – This market includes luting agents which are predominantly used to fill the gap between restorations and the natural tooth.
- Market Report for Dental Bonding Agents – MedCore – This market includes dental materials used to bond a restorative onto a tooth so that it remains stable permanently.
- Market Report for Dental Anesthetics – MedCore – This market includes topical and the local injection drugs that are used to stop nerve endings from sensing pain, allowing the dentist to conduct painful procedures such as crown placements, root canals or gum disease treatment
Of course, buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Ask for a Quote to Learn More
Dental Materials Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dental Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Dental Materials Companies Analyzed
Commonly referred to as the “Big 3” in the dental industry 3M, Dentsply Sirona and Kerr Corporation collectively represented over half of the total U.S. dental materials market share.
3M was the leader in six of the dental material segments. 3M’s in-depth market analysis, and consultation with dental professionals, plays a key role in the company’s product development strategy and results in highly differentiated products.
Dentsply Sirona captured the second-largest share of the market. It should be noted that, of the top three contenders, Dentsply Sirona was the only company to have products in all segments. Kerr Corporation was the third-largest market player, thanks to innovative products, such as its SonicFill™.
Septodont had the largest share of any single company in the anesthetic market. This company’s sales contributed to a notable portion of the dental anesthetic category, thanks to brand loyalty and innovative painless delivery systems, such as sprays.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.