Dental Lasers Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 4 Reports)
The full report suite on the U.S. market for dental lasers includes soft tissue dental lasers, all-tissue dental lasers and welding lasers. Dentists are typically hesitant towards adopting emerging trends in the industry. The older generation of dentists tends to be conservative in their practice. In addition, dentists are often unwilling to invest a large sum of money into new technologies, especially with minimal research articles and publications verifying their effectiveness. In the past, minimal scientific proof deterred dentists from purchasing capital equipment such as dental surgical lasers.
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 1/1/2017
- Pages: 120
- Type: MedSuite
Overall, the dental lasers market was valued at $87.4 million in 2016. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 8.2% to reach $151.5 million by 2023.
Dental surgical lasers especially all-tissue lasers, are quite expensive in relation to most other dental equipment purchases, but they compensate with their wide range of applications in both hard and soft tissue operations. They can be used for incisions, excisions, periodontal treatment and bone surgery. With all-tissue lasers, the switch from soft to hard tissue applications is as simple as a change in settings. Additionally, dental lasers provide greater patient comfort during painful and invasive procedures. Traditional tools such as scalpels often cause trauma to the affected areas of soft tissue. With dental lasers, there is a significant reduction in bleeding of the gums and pain associated with the incisions; coagulation of the blood vessels is promoted from the thermal heating of the tissue, while the nerve endings are sealed off, which prevents the patient from experiencing excessive pain.
Major Segments Covered in the Dental Lasers Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all U.S. Dental Lasers market data, each of the market segments are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the Dental Lasers market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Market Overview for Dental Lasers – MedView: Gives an easily accessible view of all dental lasers markets and trends, and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total U.S. market.
- Market Report for Soft Tissue Dental Lasers – MedCore: Soft tissue lasers are dental lasers which are effective on tissues surrounding teeth and can be used to contour gingiva, sterilize the intraoral cavity and minimize bleeding during procedures. These lasers turn several dental procedures into painless, comfortable and rapid operations, significantly increasing patient satisfaction. Soft tissue lasers can be categorized into diode, CO2 and Nd:YAG lasers.
- Market Report for All-Tissue Dental Lasers – MedCore: This market comprises three product segments that use different delivery methods: articulated arm lasers, fiber-delivered lasers and direct delivery lasers. Products that fall within these two categories can also be differentiated by the type of laser technology used: Er:YAG lasers and Er,Cr:YSGG lasers, respectively.
- Market Report for Welding Lasers – MedCore: Dental welding lasers typically come in two forms: benchtop systems, which are smaller and less expensive, and standalone systems, which are more expensive but have greater working capacity. Typically, benchtop welding lasers are more appropriate for small dental laboratories as they often do not require the high manufacturing capacity offered by standalone welding lasers. In contrast, dental laboratories with a high-throughput are more likely to opt for standalone systems over benchtop systems.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Dental Lasers Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Dental Lasers Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dental Lasers Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Dental Lasers Companies Analyzed
Biolase dominated both the soft and all-tissue laser markets. Its two key strengths were its strong reputation as a reliable, high-end product and its ability to cater to a large audience through a diverse and innovative product line, offering solutions for any need and price point. AMD Laser was the second leading competitor in the soft tissue laser space, owing credit to its extremely cost effective products in the diode segment, the largest of the three segments in this market. The low cost of these systems made the product extremely attractive to smaller practices and first time purchasers of dental lasers alike. Convergent Dental only recently entered the all-tissue laser space with their articulated arm system; however, they have surpassed companies that have been in the market for over a decade with their ultra-premium Solea® dental laser, packed with the latest technology and innovations. While they do not have a significant share in the total dental laser market, LaserStar Technologies and ALPHA Laser were by far the top two players in the welding laser space, collectively accounting for over half of the market share.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.