Dental Imaging Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2019-2025 | MedSuite (Includes 4 Reports)
- Year: 2019
- Scope: 2015-2025
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 09/04/2019
- Pages: 198
- Type: MedSuite
Both intraoral and extraoral X-rays with digital technology are rapidly penetrating the market and replacing analog systems. Digital technology provides dental practitioners with numerous technological and operational efficiencies when operating X-ray systems. With digital technology, dentists are able to immediately upload and manipulate X-ray images using imaging software. This allows dentists to observe enhanced images of the X-rays and make more accurate diagnoses. Likewise, dentists are able to save a greater amount of time between patients, thereby increasing patient turnover. Furthermore, switching to digital technology helps to minimize the amount of radiation exposure to patients.
Some dentists, especially those of older generations, take longer to adopt new technology in their offices. Many will not even consider the investment until significant scientific research is conducted and some conclusive evidence is provided with regards to the safety of radiation-generating machines. This slows down the growth of hi-tech devices significantly, although as evidence becomes clearer, the resistance will wear off, increasing penetration rates in the medium run.
The CBCT market is expected to see the largest increase in market value, despite decreasing prices, as dentists are moving towards larger FOVs. With decreasing average prices in each category, the overall ASP is expected to fall slightly. The small FOV market, which has been the largest category in the United States, is expected to see a moderate decline as many dentists move towards larger fields of view and manufacturers phase out models.
Major Segments Covered in the Dental Imaging Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all U.S. dental imaging market data, each of the market segments are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the dental imaging market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Product Portfolio for Dental Imaging Devices – Chapter provides a thorough examination of products present in the Dental Imaging device market and to which products are being sold by company.
- Procedure Numbers for Dental Imaging Devices The chapter contains the number of procedures performed in the U.S. from 2015 to 2025 and its CAGR rate.
- Intraoral X-Ray Imaging Market – In-depth analysis of the Intraoral X-Ray Imaging market. The chapter segments the market into Intraoral X-Ray Equipment Market and the Intraoral X-Ray Consumables Market.
- Extraoral X-Ray Imaging Market – In-depth analysis of the Extraoral X-Ray Imaging market. The market is further segmented into Digital Panoramic Systems and Pan/Ceph Systems.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography Scanners Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Cone Beam Computed Tomography Scanner market. The market includes segments such as the Small FOV CBCT market, the Medium FOB CBCT market and the Large FOB CBCT market.
This report also includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
Dental Imaging Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2025, and Historical Data to 2015
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Dental Imaging Companies Analyzed
In 2018, KaVo Kerr (under the Danaher umbrella) was the leading competitor in two markets and trailed slightly behind Planmeca in the extraoral market, accounting for nearly one-third of the total dental imaging market. KaVo Kerr’s strength in the digital sensor market trumped Carestream’s presence in the X-ray unit and analog film market, giving the company a secure lead in the intraoral market. KaVo Kerr will soon be independent of Danaher Corporation as part of Envista.
Dentsply Sirona is a strong competitor across all the markets. It is a recognizable brand, with its Schick sensor and Orthophos extraoral scanner line. A close competitor to Planmeca in the extraoral and CBCT markets, Dentsply’s historical success in the intraoral market, and widespread imaging software, gave the company the second-largest market share in the United States.
Other companies researched in this report includes Sirona, Planmeca, Air Techniques, VATECH, PreXion, Belmont, Acteon, Cyber Medical Imaging, Flow Dental, Owandy, Panoramic, Safco, SDS, Video Dental Concepts and various others.
All Companies Analyzed in this Study
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.