Dental Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis | United States | 2018-2024 | 2 MedSuites | Includes: Dental Treatment Center Units, Dental Cabinets, Dental Handpieces, Curing Lights, Ultrasonic Scalers, Intraoral Cameras, Caries Detection Devices, Dental Autoclaves, Dental Vacuum Systems, Dental Air Compressors, Practice Management Software, Dental Microscopes & Dental Loupes
- Year: 2018
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: United States
- Pages: 495
- Published Date: 08/03/2018
- Type: MedSuite
In 2019, the U.S. dental equipment market size was valued at $2.26 billion, with the dental microscope market showing the fastest growth. The U.S. market size is projected to grow over the forecast period and reach over $2.8 billion in 2024.
The elderly population in the U.S. is growing. As this happens, people will experience more wear and tear on their teeth and will require more dental work. With the growing number of patients, dental practices will need to expand in order to accommodate. This means more operatories, more portable equipment, and even all new practices. This will contribute to universal growth across the market; even the device markets such as dental handpieces will be increasing as they will need to be repaired and replaced more often with increased usage.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED IN THE DENTAL EQUIPMENT MARKET REPORT SUITE
While this report suite contains all US dental equipment market data, each of the market segments are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the dental equipment market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Dental Equipment Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all dental operatory equipment markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Product Portfolio for Dental Equipment – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this dental operatory equipment suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Dental Treatment Center Market – MedCore – This market is segmented by Dental Chairs (Patient Chairs, Dental Stools), Delivery Units and Operating Lights.
- Dental Cabinetry Market – MedCore – Includes segmentation for 12 o’Clock, Side, Center Island, Stericenter and Mobile Cabinets.
- Dental Handpiece Market – MedCore – Covers 2 main markets: Air Driven Handpieces (Low Speed, High Speed, Fiber Optic) and Electric Handpieces (Low Speed, High Speed, Electric Console)
- Dental Handpiece Bur Market – MedCore – This report is segmented into Diamond Dental Burs and Carbide Dental Burs.
- Curing Light Market – MedCore – Further segmented by LED, Halogen and Plasma Arc Curing Lights.
- Ultrasonic Scaler Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation on Ultrasonic Scaler Devices as well as Ultrasonic Scaler Inserts.
- Intraoral Camera Market – MedCore – Intraoral cameras are supplementary imaging devices used to capture images of a patient’s mouth.
- Digital Caries Detection Device Market – MedCore – Includes coverage for Light Induced Fluorescence and Structural Degeneration Detection Devices.
- Dental Autoclave Market – MedCore – Dental autoclaves sterilize equipment by applying high-pressure steam to destroy pathogens and other bacterial spores.
- Dental Vacuum System Market – MedCore – Dental vacuums utilize a rotary vane and a pump to provide suction for procedures performed in the dental operatory.
- Dental Air Compressor Market – MedCore – Dental air compressors pressurize air for use in handpieces and other instruments during dental procedures.
- Practice Management Software Market – MedCore – Segmented by Client Server Software and Cloud-Based Software
- Dental Microscope Market – MedCore – Dental microscopes are used to magnify dentists’ vision while performing treatments.
- Dental Loupes Market – MedCore – Loupes are small, usually handheld, magnifying glasses designed in a cylindrical shape to aid many different professionals in seeing the small details of their work.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
In 2017, A-dec led the total market for dental operatory equipment in the United States, followed by Midmark and Pelton & Crane. A-dec was able to hold on to its market share because of its strong brand reputation, going as far to offer a 5-year warranty on all of their products. As one of the most recognized dental equipment companies within the field, A-dec offers a full breadth of products, ranging from cost-effective, economical equipment to a line of high end furniture. A-dec offers their customers a wide variety of customization options in the way of both aesthetics and designs.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include market shares from Dentsply Sirona, DentalEZ, KaVo Kerr, Henry Schein, Takara Belmont, SciCan, Patterson Dental, Air Techniques, NSK, Carestream Dental and Others.
PRODUCT ASSESSMENT2.1 INTRODUCTION 292.2 PRODUCT PORTFOLIOS 312.2.1 Dental Treatment Center 3184.108.40.206 Dental Chair 3220.127.116.11 Delivery Unit 318.104.22.168 Operatory Light 362.2.2 Dental Cabinetry 382.2.3 Dental Handpiece 422.214.171.124 Turbine vs Electric 412.2.4 Curing Light 492.2.5 Ultrasonic Scaler 5126.96.36.199 Magnetostrictive 5188.8.131.52 Piezoelectric 522.2.6 Intraoral Camera 542.2.7 Caries Detection Device 5184.108.40.206 Light Induced Fluorescence Technology (LIFT) 5220.127.116.11 Transillumination technology 518.104.22.168 Hybrid 572.2.8 Dental Autoclave 522.214.171.124 Steam Autoclave 5126.96.36.199 Dry Heat Sterilizer 602.2.8.3 Unsaturated Chemical Vapor Sterilizer 602.2.9 Dental Vacuum System 6188.8.131.52 Wet Vacuum 6184.108.40.206 Dry Vacuum 622.2.10 Dental Air Compressor 6220.127.116.11 Lubricated 618.104.22.168 Oil-less 642.2.11 Practice Management Software 662.2.12 Dental Microscope 692.3 REGULATORY ISSUES AND RECALLS 712.3.1 A-dec 722.214.171.124 Dental Operatory Center 712.3.2 Bien Air Dental 7126.96.36.199 Dental Handpiece 712.3.3 DentalEZ 7188.8.131.52 Dental Handpiece 722.3.4 Ivoclar Vivadent 7184.108.40.206 Curing Light 722.3.5 NSK 7220.127.116.11 Dental Handpiece 718.104.22.168 Ultrasonic Scaler 732.3.6 Pelton & Crane 722.214.171.124 Dental Treatment Center 732.4 CLINICAL TRIALS 742.4.1 3M ESPE 7126.96.36.199 Curing Light 742.4.2 Acteon 7188.8.131.52 Ultrasonic Scaler 7184.108.40.206 Caries Detection Device 762.4.4 Dentsply Sirona 7220.127.116.11 Ultrasonic Scaler 792.4.5 Ivoclar Vivadent 818.104.22.168 Curing Light 832.4.6 KaVo 822.214.171.124 Caries Detection Device 842.4.8 NSK 8126.96.36.199 Dental Handpiece 86
U.S. DENTAL OPERATORY EQUIPMENT MARKET OVERVIEW3.1 INTRODUCTION 873.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 893.3 TREND ANALYSIS BY SEGMENT 963.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 1003.4.1 Market Drivers 1003.4.2 Market Limiters 1013.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 1033.6 MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS 1143.7 COMPANY PROFILES 1153.7.1 A-dec 1153.7.2 Air Techniques 1163.7.3 Brewer Company 1173.7.4 DentalEZ 1183.7.5 Dentsply Sirona 1193.7.6 Digidoc 1213.7.7 Global Surgical Corporation 1213.7.8 Henry Schein 1223.7.9 KaVo 1233.7.10 Kerr 1243.7.11 Midmark 1253.7.12 Pelton & Crane 1263.7.13 Takara Belmont 1273.8 SWOT ANALYSIS 1283.8.1 A-dec 1293.8.2 Air Techniques 1303.8.3 Brewer Company 1313.8.4 DentalEZ 1323.8.5 Dentsply Sirona 1333.8.6 Digidoc 1353.8.7 Global Surgical Corporation 1363.8.8 Henry Schein 1373.8.9 KaVo 1393.8.10 Kerr 1403.8.11 Midmark 1413.8.12 Pelton & Crane 1423.8.13 Takara Belmont 143
DENTAL TREATMENT CENTER MARKET4.1 INTRODUCTION 1444.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 1464.3 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 1504.3.1 Dental Chair Market 1504.3.1.1 Patient Chair Market 15188.8.131.52 Dental Stool Market 1554.3.2 Delivery Unit Market 1584.3.3 Operating Light Market 1614.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 1644.4.1 Market Drivers 1644.4.2 Market Limiters 1644.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 166
DENTAL CABINETRY MARKET5.1 INTRODUCTION 1745.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 1755.3 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 1805.3.1 Total Dental Cabinetry Market 1805.3.2 12 o'Clock Cabinet Market 1825.3.3 Side Cabinet Market 1845.3.4 Center Island Cabinet Market 1865.3.5 Stericenter Cabinet Market 1885.3.6 Mobile Cabinet Market 1905.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 1925.4.1 Market Drivers 1925.4.2 Market Limiters 1925.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 194
DENTAL HANDPIECE MARKET6.1 INTRODUCTION 1986.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 2006.3 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 2046.3.1 Air Driven Handpiece Market 2046.3.1.1 Air Driven Handpiece System Market 2066.3.1.1.1 Low Speed Air Driven Handpiece Market 2184.108.40.206.2 High Speed Non-Fiber Optic Air Driven Handpiece Market 2220.127.116.11.3 High Speed Fiber Optic Air Driven Handpiece Market 218.104.22.168 Air Turbine Market 2166.3.2 Electric Handpiece Market 222.214.171.124 Electric Handpiece Attachment Market 2126.96.36.199.1 Low Speed Electric Handpiece Attachment Market 22188.8.131.52.2 High Speed Electric Handpiece Attachment Market 22184.108.40.206 Electric Handpiece Motor System Market 2296.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 2316.4.1 Market Drivers 2316.4.2 Market Limiters 2326.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 234
CURING LIGHT MARKET7.1 INTRODUCTION 2397.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 2417.3 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 2457.3.1 Total Curing Light Market 2457.3.2 LED Curing Light Market 2477.3.3 Halogen Curing Light Market 2497.3.4 Plasma Arc Curing Light Market 2517.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 2537.4.1 Market Drivers 2537.4.2 Market Limiters 2547.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 256
ULTRASONIC SCALER MARKET8.1 INTRODUCTION 2608.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 2628.3 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 2668.3.1 Ultrasonic Scaler Device Market 26220.127.116.11 Magnetostrictive Ultrasonic Scaler Market 2708.3.1.2 Piezoelectric Ultrasonic Scaler Market 2728.3.2 Ultrasonic Scaler Inserts Market 2718.104.22.168 Magnetostrictive Inserts Market 2722.214.171.124 Piezoelectric Inserts Market 2818.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 2838.4.1 Market Drivers 2838.4.2 Market Limiters 2848.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 285
INTRAORAL CAMERA MARKET9.1 INTRODUCTION 2899.2 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 2919.3 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 2939.3.1 Market Drivers 2939.3.2 Market Limiters 2949.4 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 296
CARIES DETECTION DEVICE MARKET10.1 INTRODUCTION 30010.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 30210.3 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 30610.3.1 Total Caries Detection Device Market 30610.3.2 Imaging-Based Caries Detection Device Market 30810.3.3 Non-Imaging-Based Caries Detection Device Market 31010.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 31210.4.1 Market Drivers 31210.4.2 Market Limiters 31310.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 315
DENTAL AUTOCLAVE MARKET11.1 INTRODUCTION 31911.2 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 32111.3 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 32411.3.1 Market Drivers 32411.3.2 Market Limiters 32511.4 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 327
DENTAL VACUUM SYSTEM MARKET12.1 INTRODUCTION 33012.2 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 33112.3 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 33412.3.1 Market Drivers 33412.3.2 Market Limiters 33412.4 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 336
DENTAL AIR COMPRESSOR MARKET13.1 INTRODUCTION 33913.2 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 34013.3 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 34213.3.1 Market Drivers 34213.3.2 Market Limiters 34213.4 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 344
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE MARKET14.1 INTRODUCTION 34714.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 34914.3 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 35314.3.1 Client Server Software Market by Revenue Type 353126.96.36.199 New Software Installation Revenue 355188.8.131.52.1 New Software Installation Revenue by Fee Type 357184.108.40.206 Software Maintenance & Other Revenue 359220.127.116.11.1 Software Maintenance & Other Revenue by Fee Type 36114.3.2 Cloud-Based Software Market 36314.4 UNIT ANALYSIS 36514.4.1 Users by Organization Size 36514.5 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 36714.5.1 Market Drivers 36714.5.2 Market Limiters 36814.6 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 370
DENTAL MICROSCOPE MARKET15.1 INTRODUCTION 37515.2 MARKET ANALYSIS AND FORECAST 37715.3 UNIT ANALYSIS 38015.3.1 Users by Specialty 38015.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 38215.4.1 Market Drivers 38215.4.2 Market Limiters 38315.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 385ABBREVIATIONS 388
Top U.S. Dental Equipment Companies Analyzed
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.