Coronary Embolic Protection Device Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021–2027 | MedCore | Includes: Saphenous Vein Grafts, and Protection Mechanisms (Filter Baskets, Distal Balloon Occlusion Devices)
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Pages: 909
- Type: MedCore
The global embolic protection device market size is expected to reach over $182 million by 2027. Currently, the global market share is controlled by Boston Scientific, Medtronic, and Abbott.
Unit sales growth for the global embolic protection device market is expected to increase over the forecast period while average selling prices are expected to decline over the forecast period and into 2027. The two largest market segments are the Asia-Pacific and the North American markets.
There is a risk that the placement or introduction of a device during an interventional coronary procedure can dislodge thrombi or emboli, which could create health risks for the patient that the interventional procedure is intended to prevent. In response to these concerns, many different approaches were taken to deal with this problem, such as atherectomy, laser angioplasty, and the use of thrombolytics. It was found that, when using these approaches, the results were not positive enough to cause a significant decrease in embolization. In response, companies began to develop embolic protection devices (EPDs) that could mechanically capture or aspirate the dislodged plaque.
GLOBAL CORONARY EMBOLIC PROTECTION DEVICE DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Procedure Volumes
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Through this study on the global coronary embolic protection device market, iData Research has performed an analysis on angiography, angioplasty (or PCI), atherectomy, and catheterization procedure volumes in order to increase the accuracy of our market sizing, and provide you with the volume of procedures over a 10-year range and across 70 countries.
GLOBAL CORONARY EMBOLIC PROTECTION DEVICE MARKET INSIGHTS
While the adoption rate for coronary embolic protection devices showed substantial growth in the past, physicians have started to transition away from using embolic protection devices in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures. Since the use of embolic protection devices is not completely necessary, and they are not specifically reimbursed, a notable portion of the physicians believe they add unnecessary procedure costs. As a result, the growth of the coronary EPD market has been considerably limited and resulted in market value contractions in recent years. Market value declines are expected to persist over the forecast period, driven by decreasing unit sales and ASP depreciation.
MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Boston Scientific, Medtronic, and Abbott controlled the global coronary embolic protection device market. Boston Scientific led the coronary embolic protection device market with its FilterWire EZ™ device, which is a distal filter basket system that can be adapted to different vessel shapes and sizes and can also be preloaded to enhance its deliverability.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.