Overall, the global coronary balloon catheter market was valued at over $963 million in 2022. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 2.3% to reach over $1.1 billion.
The full report suite on the global market for coronary balloon catheters includes percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) and specialty balloon catheters. Specialty balloons encompass cutting and scoring balloons.
Global Coronary Balloon Catheter Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Procedure Volumes
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2029, and Historical Data to 2019
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Through this study on the global coronary balloon catheter market, iData Research has performed an analysis on angiography, angioplasty (or PCI), atherectomy and catheterization procedure volumes in order to increase the accuracy of our market sizing, and provide you with the volume of procedures over a 10-year range and across 70 countries.
Global Coronary Balloon Catheter Market Insights
The majority of coronary balloon catheters are used in order to dilate a vessel before inserting a stent. Concerns about late stent thrombosis have also had a positive effect on the number of pre-stent dilation procedures performed, allowing for larger market growth. However, the increased use of drug-eluting stents (DESs) has had a limiting effect on the coronary balloon catheter market. DESs have been shown to reduce the rate of restenosis and limit the need for pre-stent dilation procedures. Coronary balloon catheters may be used after DES procedures, but this overall reduction in restenosis has had an overall limiting effect on unit sales for PTCA and specialty balloon catheters.
Global Coronary Balloon Catheter Market Share Insights
Boston Scientific is the leading company in the global coronary balloon catheter market. The company has a strong position in the PTCA balloon market, where it held a majority share.
Philips entered the market through its acquisition of Spectranetics. The company’s position in the overall market was solely due to its presence in the specialty balloon catheter segment, where it captured the majority of the share.
Similar to other large competitors in the global coronary balloon catheter market, Medtronic offers a vast selection of devices across both the coronary and peripheral markets, allowing it to strategically bundle products and leverage its position in the competitive landscape.
WHY CHOOSE IDATA?
- Experts Only – iData has been around for over 17 years and is the trusted source of intelligence, and data-driven insights for key industry players. We are made up of specialists with a sole focus on medical devices, dental devices and pharmaceuticals. Our research and consulting field of endeavour never strays from the medical device industry and, because of this, we are the number one choice for leading companies in this field.
- Global Coverage – iData’s unique methodology, and its expansion to over 70 countries world-wide, has made it one of the most viable sources of intelligence for global companies along with those who plan to expand their portfolio beyond the confines of their own country. Providing procedural data at the country level is another testimony to the trusted global coverage we provide.
- Attention to Detail – It’s our attention to small details, scheduling of timelines, and keen project management that makes us stand out from the rest. We are creative, and our reports include metrics such as procedure numbers, ASPs, and SKU-level insights that are not found elsewhere.
- Pricing – When comparing like-with-like, iData’s prices are not only extremely competitive but also the most cost-effective. We strive for success and want the same for our clients. With the level of detail incorporated into each report alongside the extensive segmentation provided, no other report compares at our price point.
This MedCore is also found in the full report suite titled Global Market Report for Interventional Cardiology Devices – MedSuite