Peripheral Vascular Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2020-2026 | MedSuite
- Year: 2020
- Scope: 2016-2026
- Region: United States
- Pages: 998
- Published Date: 01/10/2020
- Type: MedSuite
In 2020, the U.S. peripheral vascular device market size was valued at $7.1 billion, with over 8.26 million peripheral vascular procedures performed each year. The market size is expected to increase and reach $10.4 billion by 2026.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed 67 peripheral vascular companies across the United States and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts.
While this MedSuite report contains all the US Peripheral Vascular market data and analysis, each of the market segments are also available as stand-alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the market research that you need.
Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Peripheral Vascular Procedure Volumes
- Market Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Peripheral Vascular Device market
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Across the US Peripheral Vascular Market market, there is growing availability to treat chronic limb ischemia, in the small vasculature in the legs. Lower-profile devices are being developed, and technologies to reduce restenosis are increasingly being used. In conjunction with this trend, there is also a trend amongst physicians to aim to leave fewer permanent devices within a patient, opting instead for atherectomy products. For this reason, the atherectomy market continues to grow, and there are multiple factors contributing to the market’s expansion.
One of the greatest limitations in this market is the pricing pressure that is occurring within the office-based lab (OBL) setting. Although these clinics have led to a significant increase in efficiency, reducing the average time for patients to be within a hospital, these settings are also incredibly price-sensitive. It is typical that there is a 30% discount on devices sold to an OBL, relative to a hospital.
After the publication of a meta-analysis by Konstantinos Katsanosin in December 2018, the markets for drug-coated balloons (DCB) and drug-eluting stents (DES) experienced a great negative shock and are on a path to recovery. At the start of 2019, the FDA announced that they would re-examine the safety of paclitaxel products. Shortly after, a large movement occurred away from paclitaxel and towards more traditional devices. Although the FDA released a statement in August 2019 stating that they were not able to identify a late-mortality signal caused by paclitaxel use in the peripheries, hesitancy about the use of these devices remains.
Peripheral Vascular Market Insights
Medtronic was the leading competitor in the US peripheral vascular devices market in 2019. The company derived its leading position from a strong showing in the high-value stent graft, DCB, and atherectomy market segments.
W.L. Gore is the second leading competitor in the peripheral vascular market. The company acquired this position through its strong presence in the stent and stent-graft markets.
The third leading competitor in the US market is Boston Scientific. After its successful acquisition of BTG plc., the company was able to become a key provider in the peripheral thrombus management and transcatheter embolization device markets.
Detailed Market Segmentation
- Procedure numbers for the US Peripheral Vascular market – MedPro – The in-depth analysis of Peripheral Vascular procedures performed in the United States, based on CPT codes.
- Peripheral Vascular Stent Market – MedCore – The analysis provides insight into the Bare-Metal, Covered, and Drug-Eluting Stent Markets.
- Venous Stent Market – MedCore – An in-depth analysis of the Venous Stent Market.
- PTA Balloon Catheter Market – MedCore – The market is segmented into Standard, High-Pressure, Large, Small, and Specialty PTA Balloon Catheters.
- Drug-Coated Balloon Market – MedCore – The market is further segmented by Sheath Sizes, Balloon diameters, and Balloon lengths, Device indication, Rated Burst Pressure, and by Care Setting.
- Atherectomy Device Market – MedCore – This market consists of two major segments: Laser Atherectomy and Mechanical Atherectomy Devices.
- Intravascular Lithotripsy Market – MedCore – The analysis covers Intravascular lithotripsy (IVL), which is a newer procedure for the peripheral cardiovascular space.
- Chronic Total Occlusion Device Market – MedCore – The market is further segmented into Re-Entry Chronic Total Occlusion Device and Re-Canalization Chronic Total Occlusion Device Markets.
- Surgical Graft Market – MedCore – This market is segmented into Lower Limb Surgical Grafts (Above-the-Knee, Below-the-Knee), Aorta Repair Surgical Grafts (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm) and Extra-Anatomical Bypass Surgical Grafts.
- Stent Graft Market – MedCore – Segmented by AAA Stent Grafts (Bifurcated, Contralateral/Ipsilateral Iliac Leg/Limb, AUI, Iliac Extension, Aortic Extension), Fenestrated Stent Grafts, and TAA Stent Grafts.
- Embolic Protection Device Market – MedCore – Segmented further into Carotid Embolic Protection and Alternative Embolic Protection Devices.
- Peripheral Thrombus Management Device Market – MedCore – Market analysis is segmented by Device Type and Indication.
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter & Retrieval Device Market – MedCore – This market includes segmentation on both Retrievable and Permanent Inferior Vena Cava Filters, as well as Filter Retrieval Devices.
- Carotid Shunt Market – MedCore – A carotid shunt is a piece of medical tubing used by some physicians in carotid endarterectomy procedures.
- Transcarotid Artery Revascularization Market – MedCore – Transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR) is a development of transcarotid therapies for intra- and extracranial vascular diseases.
- Diagnostic & Interventional Catheter Market – MedCore – This market is comprised of diagnostic and support catheters. Diagnostic catheters are used in combination with X-ray imaging to visualize the main arteries in the body.
- Diagnostic & Interventional Guidewire Market – MedCore – Covers two main markets, Standard Guidewires and Hydrophilic Guidewires.
- Introducer Sheath Market – MedCore – Further segmented into Standard and Guiding Introducer Sheaths.
- Vascular Closure Device Market – MedCore – This market includes segmentation by Device Type (Invasive, Non-Invasive) and Approach (Femoral, Radial).
- Transcatheter Embolization Device Market – MedCore – Covers four main markets: Embolization Particles (PVA, Microsphere, Drug-Eluting, Radioactive), Embolization Coils (Pushable, Detachable), Embolization Liquids, and Embolization Plugs.
- Peripheral IVUS Catheter Market – MedCore – An IVUS system consists of two components: the disposable IVUS catheter and the IVUS consoles.
DON’T SEE THE SEGMENT OR DATA YOU NEED?
Feel free to contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.
Table of Contents for US Peripheral Vascular Report SuiteTABLE OF CONTENTS ILIST OF FIGURES XXIIILIST OF CHARTS XLIIIEXECUTIVE SUMMARY 1U.S. PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DEVICE MARKET OVERVIEW 1COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS 4MARKET TRENDS 9MARKET DEVELOPMENTS 12PROCEDURE NUMBERS 13PROCEDURE CODES INVESTIGATED 21MARKETS INCLUDED 22KEY REPORT UPDATES 30VERSION HISTORY 31RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 321.1.1 Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection 321.1.2 Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research 351.1.3 Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design 361.1.4 Step 4: Performing Primary Research 371.1.5 Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates 391.1.6 Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis 401.1.7 Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities 421.1.8 Step 8: Final Review and Market Release 431.1.9 Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring 44
DISEASE OVERVIEW 452.1 BASIC ANATOMY 452.2 DISEASE TREATMENTS & DIAGNOSTICS 462.2.1 Aortic Aneurysms 462.2.2 Atherosclerosis 472.2.3 Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) 482.2.4 Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) 492.2.5 Pulmonary Embolism (PE) 502.3 PATIENT DEMOGRAPHICS 522.3.1 Aortic Aneurysms 522.3.2 Atherosclerosis 522.3.3 Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) 522.3.4 Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) 532.3.5 Pulmonary Embolism (PE) 53
PRODUCT ASSESSMENT 553.1 INTRODUCTION 553.2 PRODUCT PORTFOLIOS 553.2.1 Peripheral Vascular Stent 553.2.2 Venous Stent 583.2.3 Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA) Balloon 593.2.4 Drug-Coated Balloon 633.2.5 Atherectomy Device 653.2.6 Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO) Device 673.2.7 Intravascular Lithotripsy 693.2.8 Surgical Graft 703.2.9 Stent Graft 733.2.10 Embolic Protection Device 753.2.11 Peripheral Thrombus Management Device 773.2.12 Inferior Vena Cava Filter 803.2.13 Carotid Shunt 813.2.14 Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 823.2.15 Diagnostic and Interventional Guidewire 853.2.16 Introducer Sheath 893.2.17 Vascular Closure Device (VCD) 933.2.18 Transcatheter Embolization Device 953.2.19 Peripheral IVUS Catheter 983.3 REGULATORY ISSUES AND RECALLS 993.3.1 Abbott 9220.127.116.11 Carotid Shunt 918.104.22.168 Vascular Closure Device 993.3.2 Argon Medical 1003.3.2.1 Introducer Sheaths 1003.3.3 Arrow International 1013.3.3.1 Introducer Sheaths 1013.3.4 Atrium Medical 1033.3.4.1 Peripheral Vascular Stent 1033.3.5 BD 1043.3.5.1 Inferior Vena Cava Filter 1043.3.5.2 Introducer Sheaths 1043.3.5.3 Stent Graft 1053.3.6 Boston Scientific 1063.3.6.1 Atherectomy Devices 1063.3.6.2 Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 1073.3.6.3 Introducer Sheaths 1083.3.6.4 Peripheral Thrombus Management Devices 1093.3.7 Cardinal Health 122.214.171.124 Vascular Closure Devices 1103.3.8 Cardiovascular System (C.S.I.) 1126.96.36.199 Atherectomy Devices 1113.3.9 Cook Medical 1188.8.131.52 Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 1184.108.40.206 Introducer Sheaths 1220.127.116.11 Inferior Vena Cava Filters 118.104.22.168 Peripheral Vascular Stents 122.214.171.124 Stent Grafts 1153.3.10 Cordis (Cardinal Health) 1126.96.36.199 Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 1188.8.131.52 Inferior Vena Cava Filters 1184.108.40.206 Peripheral Stents 1173.3.11 Endologix 1220.127.116.11 Stent Grafts 1183.3.12 Edwards Lifesciences 118.104.22.168 Chronic Total Occlusion Devices 1203.3.13 Maquet 122.214.171.124 PTA Balloons 1213.3.14 Medtronic 1126.96.36.199 Carotid Shunts 1188.8.131.52 Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 1184.108.40.206 PTA Balloon Catheters 1220.127.116.11 Peripheral Stents 1243.3.14.5 Stent Grafts 1243.3.14.6 Transcatheter Embolization Devices 1253.3.15 Spectranetics (Philips) 1218.104.22.168 Atherectomy Devices 1222.214.171.124 Chronic Total Occlusion Devices 1273.3.16 Shockwave Medical, Inc. 12126.96.36.199 Intravascular Lithotripsy 1283.3.17 Terumo 12188.8.131.52 Introducer Sheaths 12184.108.40.206 PTA Balloon Catheters 1293.3.18 Other Companies 1303.3.18.1 Atherectomy Devices 1303.3.18.2 Introducer Sheaths 1303.3.18.3 PTA Balloon Catheters 1303.3.18.4 Peripheral IVUS Catheters 13220.127.116.11 Stent Grafts 1318.104.22.168 Vascular Closure Devices (VCD) 1323.4 CLINICAL TRIALS 1333.4.1 Abbott 1322.214.171.124 Peripheral Vascular Stent 13126.96.36.199 Other Peripheral Vascular Related Studies 1363.4.2 B. Braun 13188.8.131.52 Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 13184.108.40.206 Peripheral Vascular Stent 1373.4.3 Boston Scientific 13220.127.116.11 Atherectomy Devices 1318.104.22.168 Drug-Coated Balloons 1322.214.171.124 Peripheral Vascular Stents 14126.96.36.199 Other Peripheral Vascular Related Studies 14188.8.131.52 Venous Stents 1423.4.4 C.R. Bard (BD) 14184.108.40.206 Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 14220.127.116.11 Drug-Coated Balloons 1418.104.22.168 Venous Stents 1422.214.171.124 Other Peripheral Vascular Related Studies 1463.4.5 Cardinal Health 14126.96.36.199 Other Peripheral Vascular Related Studies 1473.4.6 Cook Medical 14188.8.131.52 Drug-Eluting Stents 14184.108.40.206 Inferior Vena Cava Filters 1503.4.6.3 Peripheral Vascular Stents 1503.4.6.4 Venous Stents 1513.4.7 Cordis (Cardinal Health) 15220.127.116.11 Peripheral Vascular Stents 1523.4.8 Medtronic 1518.104.22.168 Atherectomy Devices 1522.214.171.124 Drug-Coated Balloons 15126.96.36.199 Other Peripheral Vascular Related Studies 1603.4.9 Merit Medical 16188.8.131.52 Stent Grafts 1623.4.10 Philips/Spectranetics 16184.108.40.206 Atherectomy Devices 16220.127.116.11 Peripheral IVUS Catheters 1618.104.22.168 Spectranetics 1622.214.171.124.1 Drug-Coated Balloons 16126.96.36.199.2 Atherectomy Devices 1673.4.11 Shockwave Medical, Inc. 16188.8.131.52 Lithoplasty System 1683.4.12 Surmodics 16184.108.40.206 Drug-Coated Balloons 1693.4.13 Terumo 1703.4.13.1 Drug-Coated Balloons 1703.4.13.2 Peripheral Vascular Stents 1703.4.14 W.L. Gore 17220.127.116.11 Peripheral Vascular Stents 1718.104.22.168 Stent Grafts 1722.214.171.124 Expandable Balloons 1733.4.15 Other Companies 17126.96.36.199 Carotid Shunt / Endarterectomy 17188.8.131.52 Drug-Coated Balloons 17184.108.40.206 Peripheral Vascular Stents 17220.127.116.11 Other Peripheral Vascular Related Studies 182
U.S. PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DEVICE MARKET OVERVIEW 1834.1 INTRODUCTION 1834.1.1 Atherosclerosis 1834.1.2 Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) 1844.2 MARKET OVERVIEW 1854.3 TREND ANALYSIS BY SEGMENT 1924.4 DRIVERS AND LIMITERS 1974.4.1 Market Drivers 1974.4.2 Market Limiters 2014.5 COMPETITIVE MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS 2054.6 MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS 2184.7 COMPANY PROFILES 2224.7.1 Abbott 2224.7.2 Becton Dickinson (BD) 2234.7.3 Boston Scientific 2244.7.4 Cardinal Health 2254.7.4.1 Cordis (Cardinal Health) 2254.7.5 Cook Medical 2264.7.6 Maquet 2274.7.7 Medtronic 2284.7.8 Teleflex 2304.7.9 Terumo Interventional System (TIS) 2314.7.10 W.L. Gore 2324.8 SWOT ANALYSIS 2334.8.1 Abbott 2344.8.2 B. Braun 2354.8.3 Boston Scientific 2364.8.4 BD 2374.8.5 Cardinal Health 2384.8.6 Cook Medical 2394.8.7 Integra Lifesciences 2404.8.8 Maquet 2414.8.9 Medtronic 2424.8.10 Merit Medical 2434.8.11 Phillips 2444.8.12 Teleflex 2454.8.13 Terumo 2464.8.14 W.L. Gore 247
PROCEDURE NUMBERS 2485.1 INTRODUCTION 2485.2 PROCEDURES 2495.2.1 Total Peripheral Vascular Procedures 2495.2.2 Total Peripheral Vascular Procedures by Device Type, Indication, Intervention & Care Setting 2518.104.22.168 Above-the-Knee Procedures 2522.214.171.124.1 Above-the-Knee Stent Procedures 25126.96.36.199.2 Above-the-Knee POBA Procedures by Care Setting 26188.8.131.52.3 Above-the-Knee DCB Procedures by Care Setting 26184.108.40.206.4 Above-the-Knee Atherectomy without Stent Procedures by Care Setting 26220.127.116.11.5 Above-the-Knee Atherectomy with Stent Procedures by Care Setting 2618.104.22.168 Below-the-Knee Procedures 2622.214.171.124.1 Below-the-Knee Stent Procedures by Device Type 26126.96.36.199.2 Below-the-Knee Stent Procedures by Care Setting 26188.8.131.52.3 Below-the-Knee POBA Procedures by Care Setting 26184.108.40.206.4 Below-the-Knee DCB Procedures by Care Setting 2705.2.2.2.5 Below-the-Knee Atherectomy without Stent Procedures by Care Setting 27220.127.116.11.6 Below-the-Knee Atherectomy with Stent Procedures by Care Setting 2718.104.22.168 Iliac Procedures 2722.214.171.124.1 Iliac Stent Procedures by Device Type 27126.96.36.199.2 Iliac Stent Procedures by Care Setting 27188.8.131.52.3 Iliac POBA Procedures by Care Setting 27184.108.40.206 AV Access Procedures 27220.127.116.11.1 AV Access Covered Stent Procedures by Care Setting 2718.104.22.168.2 AV Access POBA Procedures by Care Setting 2722.214.171.124.3 AV Access DCB Procedures by Care Setting 2805.2.2.5 Renal Procedures 28126.96.36.199 Carotid Procedures 2825.2.3 Peripheral Vascular Stent Procedures 28188.8.131.52 Peripheral Arterial Stent Procedures by Stent Type 28184.108.40.206.1 Bare-Metal Stent Procedures 28220.127.116.11.2 Covered Stent Procedures 2918.104.22.168.3 Drug-Eluting Stent Procedures 2955.2.4 Peripheral Venous Stent 2975.2.5 PTA Balloon Catheter Procedures 3005.2.6 Drug-Coated Balloon Procedures 3035.2.6.1 Drug-Coated Balloon Procedures by Indication 3055.2.7 Atherectomy Procedures 3095.2.7.1 Atherectomy Procedures by Device Type 311 For a Full Table of Contents, please contact iData.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.