Neurological Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | MedSuite
- Year: 2020
- Scope: 2016-2026
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 12/03/2019
- Pages: 410
- Type: MedSuite
The neuromodulation devices comprise the largest segment for neurological devices, divided between several competitors in the spinal cord stimulation and deep brain stimulation space. Most other segments, including vagus nerve stimulation, gastric electric stimulation, dorsal root ganglion stimulation and responsive neurostimulation remain monopolized market segments at the time of publication.
With aging demographics and improved early detection, procedure volumes for treating aneurysms are on the rise. Recent clinical trials have demonstrated the greater efficacy of flow-diverting and intrasaccular stents, compared to established techniques.
While this report suite contains all neurological device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the neurological market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Neurological Devices Market Overview – MedView – Gives a high-level view of all neurological device markets and trends, and aggregates the trends together.
- Procedure Numbers for Neurological Devices – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of neurological procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned below.
- Market Report for Ultrasonic Aspirators – MedCore – This market is segmented by components: an electrosurgical generator that comprises the main unit, as well as tips, nosecones, handpieces, pumps, manifold tubing connections and suction tubing that comprises the remainder of the equipment required.
- Market Report for Neurovascular Stents – MedCore – This market is further segmented into traditional stent and the flow diverter stent that are both used as treatments for cerebral aneurysms.
- Market Report for Neuromodulation Devices – MedCore – This market includes spinal cord stimulator, vagus nerve stimulator, deep brain stimulator, gastric electric and sacral nerve stimulator.
- Market Report for Neurological Microscopes – MedCore – This market includes the most advanced surgical microscopes specialized for neurological procedures.
- Market Report for Neurovascular Guidewires – MedCore – This market includes neurovascular guidewires, which are used in conjunction with microcatheters to place coils or stents at intracranial locations to treat conditions such as aneurysms and cerebral arteriovenous malformations.
- Market Report for Neuroendoscopes – MedCore – This market is focused on neuroendoscope devices, that consist of a small fiber-optic camera attached to an endoscope that is a few millimeters in diameter.
- Market Report for Neurovascular Catheters – MedCore – This market includes neurovascular catheters, also known as microcatheters, small enough to be used in neurovascular procedures.
- Market Report for Liquid Embolics – MedCore – This market includes N-butyl cyanoacrylate (NBCA)and an ethylene-vinyl alcohol copolymer agents, that are injected through microcatheters and act like glue in abnormal blood vessels.
- Market Report for Intrathecal Pumps – MedCore – This market includes an implantable medical device that delivers medication to the intrathecal space surrounding the spinal cord.
- Market Report for Detachable Coils – MedCore – This market is specialized on a minimally invasive method of treating brain aneurysms and cerebral blood vessel malformations.
- Market Report for Cerebrospinal Fluid Management – MedCore – This market includes neurological devices for the treatment of hydrocephalus.
- Market Report for Balloon Occlusion Devices – MedCore – This market includes a balloon occlusion devices that have inflatable balloon at their distal end which can be expanded to occlude an artery.
- Market Report for Aneurysm Clips – MedCore – This market is focused on devices that are used as a permanent fixture in the brain that resembles a tiny coil-spring clothespin made of titanium or a cobalt chromium nickel alloy.
Neurological Devices Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Neurological Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Neurological Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Neurological Device Companies Analyzed
Medtronic has maintained its leading position in the neurological device market, but growing competition has broken several of its monopolies across the market. Also, Penumbra released the only FDA-cleared aspiration catheter indicated for treating ischemic strokes as early as 2007 and had since thrived in a monopoly.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.