Intravascular Ultrasound Market Size, Share & COVID19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Product ( IVUS Catheters & Consoles), Indication (Coronary & Peripheral Devices)
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 2021-2027
- Region: Africa, Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America
- Published Date: 11/24/2020
- Type: MedCore
In 2019, the global Intravascular ultrasound market size was valued at $565 million, with the majority of the market being coronary IVUS catheters. In spite of COVID19, the global market size is expected to increase over the forecast period to exceed an astonishing $1 billion in 2027.
Over 60% of the global IVUS market share was controlled by Phillips in 2020, followed by Boston Scientific. Overall, this global market report takes a look at the IVUS catheter companies across more than 70 different countries across the world.
Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Angiography and PCI Procedure Volumes
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Global IVUS market
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- COVID19 Impact on the Global Coronary IVUS Market
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Coronary IVUS Market Insights
The largest segments of the global coronary intravascular ultrasound market were the North American and Asia Pacific regions. The global unit sales growth of IVUS deceives is highly correlated with the annual PCI procedure volume and the penetration of IVUS devices for pre-stenting and post-stenting applications. Although procedure penetration is expected over the forecast period, a potential limiter to IVUS market growth will be the increasing popularity of optical coherence tomography (OCT) devices.
The biggest limiter of the global coronary IVUS market is the high price-tag of the catheter and associated console. However, the depreciation of average selling prices is expected across the globe which will be driven by competitive pricing pressure across the interventional cardiology market. The magnitude of price declines will be limited by the introduction of new technologies, as well as hybrid devices that can be used for both IVUS and fractional flow reserve (FFR) applications.
Peripheral IVUS Market Insights
The largest portion of the global peripheral IVUS market size was attributed to the North American region. The global IVUS device penetration is limited to three key groups of peripheral procedures, namely EVAR/TEVAR, PAD, and venous procedures. For North America, for example, the penetration rate of IVUS was highest in EVAR/TEVAR procedures, at over 10%. Globally, the usage of peripheral IVUS catheters is expected to experience large growth, partially driven by significant growth within the venous stenting market.
When it comes to PAD treatments, clinical data supporting the use of IVUS is very limited. Nonetheless, growth is projected in the PAD segment over the forecast period, due to the increased penetration of IVUS capital equipment resulting from the expansion of venous treatments. As the global peripheral IVUS market is dominated by Philips, prices are also expected to experience a flat decrease, incentivizing additional IVUS device penetration.
Global IVUS Market Share Insights
In 2020, the global IVUS catheter market was dominated by two key players – Philips and Boston Scientific.
The leading competitor in the global IVUS market was Philips. The company entered the global IVUS markets in 2015, when Philips Healthcare acquired Volcano Corporation in a $1.2 billion USD deal. The company’s strong position in the global market is directly attributable to its stronghold of the peripheral IVUS catheter, coronary IVUS catheter, and IVUS console markets. In the coming years, Philips is expected to continue to focus on specialized devices and leverage its position in the peripheral market to expand its share of the coronary market.
In 2020, the second leading company in the global IVUS market was Boston Scientific. Apart from Philips, Boston Scientific is the only other company that offers an IVUS catheter specialized for peripheral interventions (OptiCross® 18). Boston Scientific also currently offers the OPTICROSS™ and ULTRA ICE™ coronary IVUS catheter product lines, which are compatible with its POLARIS™ IVUS console product line.
Report Regional Coverage
Throughout this research series, iData Research has covered several regions in great detail. Each region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
Detailed Market Segmentation
DON’T SEE THE SEGMENT OR DATA YOU NEED?
Feel free to contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.
- ACIST Medical Systems
- Boston Scientific
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.