Overall, the global IVUS catheter market was valued at over $255 million in 2022. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 8.4% to reach nearly $451 million.
Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) catheters are used in conjunction with other minimally invasive cardiovascular devices. The vast majority of IVUS catheters are used immediately before, during or after an angioplasty procedure. Procedures using IVUS catheters must be performed in catheterization laboratories (cath labs) that have an IVUS console.
Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Angiography and PCI Procedure Volumes
- Market Forecasts Until 2029, and Historical Data to 2019
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Global IVUS market
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- COVID19 Impact on the Global Coronary IVUS Market
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Global Intravascular Ultrasound Catheter Market Insights
The use of intravascular imaging technologies, such as IVUS and OCT, is on the rise, with both competing for popularity. As secondary options to angiography, this competition is expected to limit market growth. However, as physician training and clinical awareness of IVUS increase, procedure penetration is rising, leading to a standardized use of the technology and an anticipated increase in market value. While North America and Asia Pacific lead in device adoption, the rest of the world is gradually embracing the technology.
Global Intravascular Ultrasound Catheter Market Share Insights
In 2022, the global IVUS catheter market was dominated by two key players – Philips and Boston Scientific.
Philips was the leading competitor in the global IVUS catheter market in 2022. The company currently offers the Eagle Eye Platinum™ and Revolution™ IVUS catheter product lines, which are compatible with the Core™ and Core Mobile™ IVUS console product lines. Both Core™ and Core Mobile™ offer the choice of fractional flow reserve (FFR), instantaneous wave-free ratio (IFR) and IVUS modalities in a single platform. It is expected to leverage its position in the coronary balloon catheter market to maintain its leading position in the IVUS market.
Boston Scientific was the second-leading competitor in the global IVUS catheter market in 2022. The company offers its OptiCross™ IVUS device in the U.S., Europe and Japan, after receiving FDA clearance, CE Mark and Japan PMDA approval, respectively. The device was created with the input of physicians from around the world to improve functionality during complex cases. In addition to
product innovation, Boston Scientific is effective at coordinating sales of its drug-eluting stents with its IVUS catheters.
Report Regional Coverage
Throughout this research series, iData Research has covered several regions in great detail. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
DON’T SEE THE SEGMENT OR DATA YOU NEED?
Feel free to contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.