Interventional Cardiology Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Europe | 2018-2024 | MedSuite (Includes 2 Reports)
The full report suite on the European market for interventional cardiology devices includes analysis on the coronary stent, coronary balloon catheter, interventional coronary catheter, interventional coronary guidewire, coronary introducer sheath, coronary embolic protection device, coronary atherectomy device, diagnostic coronary catheter and guidewire, coronary vascular closure device, optical coherence tomography (OCT) catheter and intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) catheter markets.
- Year: 2018
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: Europe
- Published Date: 04/03/2018
- Pages: 1026
- Type: MedSuite
Similar to other medical device markets, the interventional cardiology market been experiencing a period of consolidation in recent years. Large competitors are either entering the overall market or expanding their reach by entering new segments through strategic mergers and acquisitions. One trend that has risen as a result of consolidation is the bundling of devices at a discount. Bundling is driven by unfavorable reimbursement conditions and larger competitors who have a wide variety of devices to offer across the interventional cardiology market and are able to negotiate more cost-effective contracts with hospitals and labs. As a result competitive pressure is expected to contribute to declines in prices across the majority of segments in the market.
The total European market for interventional cardiology devices is growing at a rate of -2.4%, which will take the 2017 market value of €1.2 billion down to approximately €1 billion by 2024.
While this report suite contains all European interventional cardiology device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the interventional cardiology market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Interventional Cardiology Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all interventional cardiology device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total European market.
- Procedure Volumes for Interventional Cardiology – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of interventional cardiology procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Coronary Stent Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation into Bare-Metal and Drug-Eluting Stents.
- Coronary Balloon Catheter Market – MedCore – Segmented into 2 main markets, PTCA Balloon Catheters and Specialty Balloon Catheters.
- Interventional Coronary Catheter Market – MedCore – Interventional catheters are used by physicians in procedures for the placement of devices such as stents and balloons.
- Interventional Coronary Guidewire Market – MedCore – Interventional guidewires used for coronary applications can be classified into two general types: conventional and specialty guidewires.
- Introducer Sheath Market – MedCore – During interventional procedures, introducer sheaths facilitate the process of inserting devices, such as guidewires and catheters
- Coronary Embolic Protection Device Market – MedCore – Embolic protection devices (EPDs) are used to mechanically capture or aspirate the plaque which may be dislodged during an interventional coronary procedure and create health risks for the patient.
- Coronary Atherectomy Device Market – MedCore – Further segmented into Mechanical Atherectomy and Laser Atherectomy Device Markets.
- Coronary Vascular Closure Device Market – MedCore – There are two types of vascular closure devices: intravascular and extravascular.
- Diagnostic Coronary Catheter and Guidewire Market – MedCore – Includes segmentation on Diagnostic Coronary Catheters and Guidewires, as well as Fractional Flow Reserve Guidewires.
- Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound Catheter Market – MedCore – Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) catheters are used in conjunction with other minimally invasive cardiovascular devices.
- Optical Coherence Tomography Market – MedCore – Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is an imaging modality that can create extremely high resolution, three-dimensional images of biological tissues.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Interventional Cardiology Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Interventional Cardiology Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY DEVICE COMPANIES ANALYZED
Of the many companies in the interventional cardiology market, Boston Scientific holds the leading position, with Abbott Laboratories and Medtronic following closely behind. Boston Scientific was the market leader in several segments, including coronary balloon catheters, coronary embolic protection devices and coronary atherectomy devices. Boston Scientific’s wide range of devices and complementary products for interventional cardiology, combined with their international sales team, has allowed them to maintain their dominant position.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include market shares from Terumo, Biotronik, Cardinal Health, Philips, Asahi, Biosensors, Hexacath, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.