Gynecological Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2016-2022 | MedSuite
The main conditions dealt with by womens health professionals in the U.S. are osteoporosis, cancer, incontinence, infertility and menstrual complications. Increasingly, sub-specialties are arising, particularly in gynecology, as urologists and oncologists move into the territory originally considered a gynecology specialty, and as gynecologists move into urology and other surgical specialties.
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 3/1/2016
- Pages: 622
- Type: MedSuite
In 2015, the U.S. gynecological devices market was valued at over $1.1 billion.
The fastest growing segment over the forecast period will be fluid management devices. This is a result of significant increases in unit sales of fluid management tubing as well as moderate increases to the unit sales of fluid management equipment. As the population ages, it is expected that increased procedure numbers will drive the demand for fluid management tubing. Fluid management equipment sales will also increase in order to accommodate the procedure demand increases.
To read more about the U.S. gynecological devices market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
While this report suite contains all gynecological devices market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the gynecological devices market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Procedure Numbers for Gynecological Devices Market – MedPro– Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of gynecological procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned below.
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization Devices Market – MedCore – This market refers to the uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), also known as uterine artery embolization (UAE) which is a radiology treatment for fibroids. The complete market is comprised of the microsphere, polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and drug-eluting particles sub-segments respectively.
- Global Endometrial Ablation Market – MedCore – Global endometrial ablation (GEA) is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that can remove some or all of the lining of the uterus. This market includes uterine balloon therapy, hydrothermal and radiofrequency ablation, cryoablation, microwave and roller-blade ablation.
- Female Sterilization Market – MedCore – This market refers to the procedures to perform female sterilization, including tubal ligation, mechanical blockage with a clip or band, bipolar electrocoagulation or transcervical implants.
- Pelvic Floor Electrical Stimulation Devices and Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Devices Market – MedCore – This report includes gynocological devices for pelvic floor electrical stimulation procedure and pelvic organ prolapse repair. Pelvic floor electrical stimulation (PFES) is a procedure for the treatment of urinary incontinence. PFES devices are divided into home-based and office-based devices. Pelvic organ prolapse repair device market is further segmented into pelvic organ prolapse repair devices, such as transvaginal mesh and sacrocolpopexy mesh.
- Hysteroscopes Market – MedCore – This market includes both the rigid and flexible hysteroscope that can be used for the diagnosis and treatment of intrauterine and endocervical problems; including endometrial ablation and myomectomy procedures.
- Hysterosalpingography Catheters Market – MedCore – Hysterosalpingography (HSG) catheters, also known as HS catheters, are used for hysterosalpingography and sonohysterography procedures. These devices are used by practitioners to inject either a contrast media or sterile saline into the uterine cavity and fallopian tubes through the cervical opening.
- Female Urinary Incontinence Slings Market – MedCore – This market includes both synthetic slings and non-synthetic slings. Surgical treatment using a urinary incontinence sling is one of the most recommended options to help patients become incontinence-free.
- Fluid Management Equipment Market – MedCore – This report is focused on the monitoring and measurement of intrauterine pressure and fluid deficit of a patient undergoing a hysteroscopic procedure.
- Resectoscopic Endometrial Ablation & Resection Devices Market – MedCore – This market includes resectoscope devices, monopolar and biopolar electrodes.
- Colposcopes Market – MedCore – This market includes a colposcope, a low-power stereoscopic, binocular field microscope with a powerful light source used for magnified visual examination of the uterine cervix, vaginal wall and vulva to help in diagnosis.
- Assisted Reproduction Devices Market – MedCore – This market consists of the oocyte retrieval needle, micropipette, embryo transfer catheter, reproductive media and embryo time-lapse incubator sub-segments.
Of course, buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Ask for a Quote to Learn More
Gynecological Device Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Gynecological Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Gynecological Device Market Share Insights
In 2015, Hologic was the leading competitor in the gynecological device market. Its lead in this market stems primarily from its dominance in the global endometrial ablation, which is the largest segment. Hologic has entered the hysteroscope market with its MyoSure® Hysteroscopic Tissue Removal System, which is available with three differently-sized hysteroscopes. Hologic is a very highly regarded company, and it has been very successful in women’s health. Its products reflect innovation with the best interests of the patient taken into account.
In April 2013, Bayer purchased Conceptus in order to add the Essure®, a permanent contraceptive, to its line of products. Conceptus at the time was the leading competitor in the U.S. female sterilization device market. Bayer has maintained this overwhelming dominance in the female sterilization segment. Essure® has been available since 2002 and is as efficient as surgical methods for birth control.
In 2015, Ethicon, a Johnson & Johnson company, was the third leading competitor in the gynecological device market. Its leading share can be attributed to its diversity, with significant presence in five segments, as well as having the second largest market share in global endometrial ablations.
The report suite for gynecological devices market includes analysis on the following companies:
ASTORA, Bayer, BioSciences, Bioteque America Inc., Boston Scientific, BTG, C.R. Bard, CardioMed, Carl Zeiss, Cogentix Medical, Coloplast, Come Instruments, Cook Medical, Cooper Surgical and others.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.