Infusion Pump Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by Device Type: Large Volume Pumps, Syringe Pumps, Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps, Electronic Ambulatory Pumps, and Disposable Ambulatory Pumps
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global infusion pump market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $4 billion at a CAGR of 8.7% by 2027. The majority of the global infusion pump market share was controlled by B. Braun and Becton Dickinson (BD).
This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes the global markets for Large Volume Pumps, Syringe Pumps, Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps, Electronic Ambulatory Pumps, and Disposable Ambulatory Pumps.
When patients receive medical treatment, they may require an infusion of fluids as part of therapy. These fluids may contain medication for disease management, pain control, provision of nutrients to compensate for a deficiency, to facilitate faster recovery, hydration, or blood replenishment.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Analysis and Forecasts until 2027, Utilizing Historical Data from 2017 (10-year span)
- Market Drivers and Limiters
- Competitive Market Share Analysis
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
INFUSION PUMP MARKET INSIGHTS
The total market landscape was shifted in 2020 due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Capital equipment segments were affected more severely than the disposable pump segment. However, outside pandemic afflicted years, the largest segment in this market is the large volume infusion pump market. In terms of regions, North America and Asia-Pacific are typically the two largest. Due to faster overall growth rates in Asia-Pacific, that market is expected to overtake North America through the forecast period.
INFUSION PUMP MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
B. Braun and Becton Dickinson (BD) controlled the global infusion pump market share. In 2020, B. Braun was the leading player in the total global infusion pump market. B. Braun was the leading competitor in the syringe pump segment and was the second-largest player in the large-volume pump and disposable ambulatory pump segments.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.