Global Atherectomy Market Size, Share, Trends and COVID19 Impact Analysis by Product Type (Laser Atherectomy and Mechanical Atherectomy Devices) and by Indication (Coronary and Peripheral Devices) – Forecast to 2027
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 2021-2027
- Region: Africa, Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America
- Published Date: 12/16/2020
- Type: MedCore
In 2019, the global peripheral atherectomy devices market size was valued at $766.3 million, which is set to increase over the forecast period to exceed $1.1 billion in 2027. The global coronary atherectomy devices market size was valued at $421.6 million in 2019 and is expected to reach over $947.4 million in 2027.
The majority of the global atherectomy device market share was controlled by Medtronic and Boston Scientific. Overall, this global market research includes an analysis of both coronary and peripheral atherectomy device companies spawning across more than 70 countries in the world.
Atherectomy Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Coronary and Peripheral Atherectomy Procedure Volumes
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Market Segment
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- COVID19 Impact on the Global Atherectomy Market
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Atherectomy Procedure Volumes
Through this study on the global atherectomy devices market, iData Research has performed an analysis on the atherectomy procedure volumes in order to increase the accuracy of our market sizing, and provide you with the volume of procedures over a 10-year range and across 70 countries.
Coronary Atherectomy Market Insights
The largest market for coronary atherectomy devices was the North American region. Within this region, the mechanical atherectomy devices are currently used for the majority of atherectomy procedures and account for the majority of the total units sold. However, competitive pricing pressure and bundling of interventional cardiology devices has led to ASP depreciation and limited the market value growth in the mechanical atherectomy segment.
Overall, the global market size for coronary atherectomy devices slightly decreased in 2020, due primarily to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the market is expected to grow over the forecast period following a quick recovery in early 2021, moderated by ASP depreciation.
Peripheral Atherectomy Market Insights
Similar to the coronary atherectomy market, the largest market for peripheral atherectomy devices was the North American region. Because the peripheral atherectomy devices operate on the same principles as coronary ones, the mechanical atherectomy segment also accounted for the vast majority of the total market within this region. However, as new competitors are seeking to enter the laser atherectomy market in North America, this ratio is expected to shift slightly in favor of laser atherectomy usage.
Overall, many global regions show a trend amongst physicians of minimizing the number of permanent devices placed inside patients. The trend is a result of the need for frequent follow-up treatments removing thrombi from stents and the reduction of future treatment options. This has resulted in an increasing number of atherectomy procedures performed within regions, boosting the global peripheral atherectomy device market growth.
Atherectomy Market Share Insights
In 2020, the global atherectomy devices market was controlled by two key competitors – Medtronic and Boston Scientific.
Medtronic was the market share leader in the global peripheral atherectomy market in 2020. In 2015, the company acquired a well-established atherectomy market player, Covidien, which earned Medtronic a top position in the global market. In the hospital market segment, the company generated the majority of its peripheral atherectomy device revenue with its HawkOne™ product line, with TurboHawk™ being the next largest contributor.
In 2020, Boston Scientific was the market share leader in the global coronary atherectomy market. The company’s position is primarily attributable to its stronghold of the mechanical atherectomy market segment. Boston Scientific’s top-selling product, Rotablator™, is a mechanical atherectomy device that is used in calcified lesions.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this research series, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
Market Segmentation Summary
Contact Us For Additional Information
For full segmentation and any questions regarding research coverage, please contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.
- Boston Scientific
- Cardiovascular Systems Inc.
- Eximo Medical
- Ra Medical
- Rex Medical
- And More
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.