Register to receive the U.S. Dental Bone Grafts Substitutes – 2015 report brochure or synopsis
An increasing majority of dental implant placement procedures continues to be associated with bone grafting procedures. By 2020, the proportion of implant and bone graft associated procedures is projected to reach over 60%.
– According to a new report by iData Research, the growth in dental implant placement combined with an increasing prevalence of bone graft usage will drive rapid growth in the number of implants being placed with bone graft substitutes. The total U.S. market for dental bone graft substitutes and other biomaterials is valued at nearly $341 million in 2014.
“The overall dental regenerative market is expected to display growth at a few percentage points higher relative to the dental implant market,” explains Dr. Kamran Zamanian, CEO of iData. “This correlates with the fact that an increased portion of dental implant procedures are incorporating some sort of bone regenerative product, whether it is a growth factor or a bone graft substitute coupled with a barrier membrane.”
Other key findings from the iData Research report entitled U.S. Dental Bone Grafts Substitutes – 2015:
- Increased Number of General Practitioners: An increasing number of general practitioners are expected to perform more bone grafting and implantation procedures, thus further driving the market throughout the forecast period.
- Majority Use of Resorbable Membranes: Resorbable membranes are especially convenient for smaller bone grafting procedures such as socket preservation, which will increase in usage as the number of GPs who perform dental implant treatment continues to rise.
- Technological Developments: The fear of disease transmission has prompted an array of technological innovations in the market for BGS and dental biomaterials. Companies are conducting experiments with different materials and new methods of tissue treatment.
Zimmer Dental has experienced increased revenue recently via sales of its more premium priced CopiOs® Pericardium Membrane and Puros® tissue matrices; both of which are manufactured by RTI Biologics and have boosted Zimmer’s overall market share in the United States. In 2013, Zimmer also launched another extension product termed CopiOs Extend™ membrane which lasts six to nine months. The membrane’s extended resorption profile is designed to allow implant placement while subsequently providing ample time for unhindered regeneration.
For Further Information
This in-depth look at the dental bone grafts market is part of a new report published by iData entitled “U.S. Dental Bone Grafts Substitutes – 2015”, which covers the U.S. dental bone grafts substitutes market as a whole, as well as the following market segments:
- Dental Bone Graft Substitute Markets
- Dental Growth Factor Markets
- Dental Barrier Membrane Markets
- Potential Autograft Markets
- Allograft Market
- Mineralized Allograft Markets
- DBM Markets
- Xenograft Markets
- Synthetics Markets
- Emdogain™ Markets
- GEM 21S® Markets
- INFUSE® Markets
- Osteocel® Markets
The global series on the “Dental Bone Grafts Substitutes Markets” covers 25 countries including the U.S., Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and 15 countries in Europe.
The full reports provide a comprehensive analysis including units sold, procedure numbers nationally and by State in the U.S., market value, forecasts, as well as detailed competitive market shares and analysis of major players’ success strategies in each market and segment.
Register online or email us at [email protected] for a U.S. Dental Bone Grafts Substitutes – 2015 report brochure and synopsis.